By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, you don't like MP: Federation Force? Blame Zelda fans

We Zelda fans are

terrible, stop buying everything 16 23.19%

bad people, we should ask for real games 8 11.59%

weak spirits, we get exci... 23 33.33%

deku scrubs, deku scrubs 22 31.88%

Total:69
Skullwaker said:
Pavolink said:
If Zelda HD was not delayed, we wouldn't get a alot of spin-offs and remakes because that would means they were actually working on the important matters. Aside of that, I believe before E3 2014 that there won't be a real Zelda game on Wii U.

And yes, sharing the same overworld, concept, dungeons and music is a big deal. I love the franchise, and because of that I won't give free pass to big mistakes.

So I was right.

About what? This thread only made because I'm mad by the Zelda delay?

No. I'm mad because they choose to develop a cheap Metroid spin-off (as a metroid fan) because we zelda fans keep buying everything. Just like amiibo fans keeps buying dlc even when they claim they only buy for collecting purposes.

Am I mad? Yes. Mad with Nintendo as whole.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Oh yeah, lets blame the consumer instead of the company making money of it.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

DerNebel said:
Didn't read the OP, but assuming that your point is that Zelda fans literally buy anything as soon as it has a Zelda paintcoat I'd say that I agree.

Then why does Hyrule Warriors have nowhere near the sales of a console Zelda game? Or Four Swords Adventures? Or the Tingle games?

The Zelda remakes sold less than a remaster of a one year old game (TLOU).

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

It's always great knowing new things I didn't know about myself.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Alkibiádēs said:
DerNebel said:
Didn't read the OP, but assuming that your point is that Zelda fans literally buy anything as soon as it has a Zelda paintcoat I'd say that I agree.

Then why does Hyrule Warriors have nowhere near the sales of a console Zelda game? Or Four Swords Adventures? Or the Tingle games?

The better question would be why Hyrule Warriors is the best selling Warriors game in the west in years and that is including other Warriors titles on Wii U, try explaning that one without Zelda fans that just bought that one because of Link. Not every single Zelda fan is that extreme but there is a subset in that fanbase that does exactly what I said.

And cool that you mention TLOU, now we know that that game is more popular than Zelda nowadays, cool beans.

Around the Network

I bought exactly one of those games (Link Between Worlds). That apparently makes me a better Zelda fan than you. ^_^

DerNebel said:
Alkibiádēs said:
DerNebel said:

The better question would be why Hyrule Warriors is the best selling Warriors game in the west in years and that is including other Warriors titles on Wii U, try explaning that one without Zelda fans that just bought that one because of Link. Not every single Zelda fan is that extreme but there is a subset in that fanbase that does exactly what I said.

And cool that you mention TLOU, now we know that that game is more popular than Zelda nowadays, cool beans.

OK, fellas, let's leave TLOU out of this conversation, please.

And to everyone else: please be careful with the generalizations and stereotypes.

DerNebel said:
Alkibiádēs said:
DerNebel said:

A Japanese niche franchise that sells better because it uses an iconic franchise that is popular in the West? You don't say. Dragon Quest Heroes is selling better than HW and it only released in Japan so far. What point are you trying to make here exactly?

You're trying to spin the Zelda fanbase into mindless sheep that buy anything with a Zelda paintcoat, as if they're different from fanbases of other big franchises.

And your last sentence explains the posts I've read from you recently, thank you, I know not to bother with you anymore now.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I don't post here much, but I had to post just to say this. OP is one of the most annoying posters on this board. Why is everything about Zelda with you? You're still being a fanboy even in your blaming of the series/fans. Whether you're being negative or positive, your target is always "Zelda". The world does not revolve around Zelda, and while the series has its problems, this is completely irrelevant to the problem with Metroid right now. Please take a freaking break from the series, because even in your pessimism about the series, it still seems to be the only thing ever on your mind. You're the only one who would make a thread like this. 

Zelda remakes and spin offs haven't even been selling more than fair at best save OoT3D. But because of your massive Zelda obsession, apparently these "highly successful remakes", which are mostly average at best in terms of sales, are the cause of the Metroid problem? What are you smoking, and can I get any of that? 

The biggest problem is Nintendo dishing out remake after remake after spinoff in a short time span, but the sales of these titles have been far below mainline entries for the most part. This problem has nothing to do with federation force. 

The truth of it is that a sidescrolling Metroid would have been met with a loving embrace.

Nintendo eventually gives us the IP we want, but usually first on the handheld (Many Zelda 3DS games, Metroid Prime: FF) which we don't want and usually a little after another console spinoff we never asked for (Hyrule Warriors, Metroid: Other M)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016