By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, you don't like MP: Federation Force? Blame Zelda fans

We Zelda fans are

terrible, stop buying everything 16 23.19%

bad people, we should ask for real games 8 11.59%

weak spirits, we get exci... 23 33.33%

deku scrubs, deku scrubs 22 31.88%

Total:69
Pavolink said:
Skullwaker said:
Except the reason people are mad about Federation Force is that it's a spinoff when we haven't had any mainline game in 5 years, while Zelda we just got one less than 2 years ago along with remakes/spinoffs to fill the gaps leading up to Zelda U.

Except the last real new Zelda game was released in 2011 as ALBW shared a lot of content from ALTTP, starting with the formula.

By that logic every Zelda since 98 has shared the formula with LttP except for an oddball MM here and there. 

You can't discount a mainline Zelda title just because it's similar to another. As average as I thought LBW was, it's still a mainline game. 

And on the subject of proliferation, I'd absolutely LOVE if we'd gotten a Metroid Fusion remake or something like that this gen. Hell, I just want Zero Mission on the NA eshop. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Pavolink said:
Skullwaker said:
Except the reason people are mad about Federation Force is that it's a spinoff when we haven't had any mainline game in 5 years, while Zelda we just got one less than 2 years ago along with remakes/spinoffs to fill the gaps leading up to Zelda U.

Except the last real new Zelda game was released in 2011 as ALBW shared a lot of content from ALTTP, starting with the formula.

Does it really matter? The game also uses totally new assests, a new cast, new gameplay features and a new story. 

For the context of the post? Yes. It matters.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

DivinePaladin said:
Pavolink said:
Skullwaker said:

By that logic every Zelda since 98 has shared the formula with LttP except for an oddball MM here and there. 

You can't discount a mainline Zelda title just because it's similar to another. As average as I thought LBW was, it's still a mainline game. 

And on the subject of proliferation, I'd absolutely LOVE if we'd gotten a Metroid Fusion remake or something like that this gen. Hell, I just want Zero Mission on the NA eshop. 

Does Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess shared the same overworld? music? dungeons mechanics? dual-overwolrd?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

These are 2 very different problems. Zelda fans being absolute brainwashed sheep that keep eating anything Nintendo half-bakes up is by far the bigger one, though.

Mod edit:

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

I'm now filled with determination.

This was actually on my mind during E3. What's with the milking of the Zelda franchise? By the time Zelda U actually comes out, we won't have the appetite anymore. Now I really doubt that to be true, but you get my point. They're damaging the brand, just as they have begun to do with Metroid. Maybe some folks do need to be fired. It's like the current heads of Nintendo are viewing these IPs as products and not as the iconic cultural keystones they are. Build it and they will come; but build it too many times and they'll begin to wonder why they even do.

Around the Network

Alright. When's Pavolink's sacrifice? :P

Pavolink said:
DivinePaladin said:
Pavolink said:
Skullwaker said:

Does Ocarina of Time, The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess shared the same overworld? music? dungeons mechanics? dual-overwolrd?

OoT has been called LttP 3D for nearly 20 years. TP is OoT Jr. to many fans. Any Zelda fan will acknowledge that the formula has barely changed since LttP, and in regards to formula my statement holds true. If you wanna be vague and then dive deeper when questioned, feel free, but it won't invalidate the point I made. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I can understand your feeling. I will pretty much anything with Final Fantasy or Persona in the title. That and anything made by Yoko Taro.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

To be fair, as big as the Metroid franchise is, it's surprising there aren't more spinoffs as it is.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Skullwaker said:

Essentially this. I know I don't see a new Zelda game as often as I would like, but I always know they are in the middle of working on one. With that in mind I do enjoy the remakes and spinoffs, even if they are starting to add up.

If Metroid released more games or gave us info on ones in development and threw Federation Force my way, I would have had no issues.

Granted I will most likely end up buying it if the reviews are decent, but I do wish I had some news on a new Metroid game.