By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, you don't like MP: Federation Force? Blame Zelda fans

We Zelda fans are

terrible, stop buying everything 16 23.19%

bad people, we should ask for real games 8 11.59%

weak spirits, we get exci... 23 33.33%

deku scrubs, deku scrubs 22 31.88%

Total:69
super_etecoon said:
This was actually on my mind during E3. What's with the milking of the Zelda franchise? By the time Zelda U actually comes out, we won't have the appetite anymore. Now I really doubt that to be true, but you get my point. They're damaging the brand, just as they have begun to do with Metroid. Maybe some folks do need to be fired. It's like the current heads of Nintendo are viewing these IPs as products and not as the iconic cultural keystones they are. Build it and they will come; but build it too many times and they'll begin to wonder why they even do.

That's my main concern. From being the most beloved franchise ever to a another milked franchise to the same level of COD or AC, hell, even worse! 2 games in the same year!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:

OoT has been called LttP 3D for nearly 20 years. TP is OoT Jr. to many fans. Any Zelda fan will acknowledge that the formula has barely changed since LttP, and in regards to formula my statement holds true. If you wanna be vague and then dive deeper when questioned, feel free, but it won't invalidate the point I made. 

I was one of the few that said OoT is ALTTP 3D, but at least it has something new, like a new overworld and new dungeons.

ALBW has the same overworld, music and dungeons, except the Wind Mansion and the Misery Mine (level 6).

MohammadBadir said:
Alright. When's Pavolink's sacrifice? :P

I'll gladly sacrifice myself if that makes people open their eyes.

Pavolink said:
And it shared a lot of content from a game 20 years released ago. AS much as the fanbase gets mad, this games is nothing original.

It shared the same overworld and concept. Big deal.

This thread is less about Metroid and more about the fact that you're still upset Zelda was delayed. If Zelda U was releasing this year, this thread wouldn't exist. Period.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

thatguymarco said:

These are 2 very different problems. Zelda fans being absolute brainwashed sheep that keep eating anything Nintendo half-bakes up is by far the bigger one, though.

Mod edit:

User was moderated for this post.

--Veknoid_Outcast

He could be banned, but I feel like that. Don't know about everyone else, but I really feel like that. As you can see in the OP, I bought many remakes and spin-offs. But not anymore.

Around the Network

If this was a 2D Metroid the backlash would have been way less.  People have been asking for a sequel to the old 2D Metroid for a while, hell it probably would have cost less to make than FF too.  

Skullwaker said:
Pavolink said:
And it shared a lot of content from a game 20 years released ago. AS much as the fanbase gets mad, this games is nothing original.

It shared the same overworld and concept. Big deal.

This thread is less about Metroid and more about the fact that you're still upset Zelda was delayed. If Zelda U was releasing this year, this thread wouldn't exist. Period.

If Zelda HD was not delayed, we wouldn't get a alot of spin-offs and remakes because that would means they were actually working on the important matters. Aside of that, I believe before E3 2014 that there won't be a real Zelda game on Wii U.

And yes, sharing the same overworld, concept, dungeons and music is a big deal. I love the franchise, and because of that I won't give free pass to big mistakes.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

If this was a 2D Metroid the backlash would have been way less.  People have been asking for a sequel to the old 2D Metroid for a while, hell it probably would have cost less to make than FF too.  

A new 2D metroid will likely have a lot of hype behind it.

Pavolink said:
If Zelda HD was not delayed, we wouldn't get a alot of spin-offs and remakes because that would means they were actually working on the important matters. Aside of that, I believe before E3 2014 that there won't be a real Zelda game on Wii U.

And yes, sharing the same overworld, concept, dungeons and music is a big deal. I love the franchise, and because of that I won't give free pass to big mistakes.

So I was right.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

We look like those horrible COD fans now. Dragging the industry down with our stupid purchase decisions.

Faith in gamers lost.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"