By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, you don't like MP: Federation Force? Blame Zelda fans

We Zelda fans are

terrible, stop buying everything 16 23.19%

bad people, we should ask for real games 8 11.59%

weak spirits, we get exci... 23 33.33%

deku scrubs, deku scrubs 22 31.88%

Total:69
Roar_Of_War said:

I don't post here much, but I had to post just to say this. OP is one of the most annoying posters on this board. Why is everything about Zelda with you? You're still being a fanboy even in your blaming of the series/fans. Whether you're being negative or positive, your target is always "Zelda". The world does not revolve around Zelda, and while the series has its problems, this is completely irrelevant to the problem with Metroid right now. Please take a freaking break from the series, because even in your pessimism about the series, it still seems to be the only thing ever on your mind.

I can't believe this thread even exists. 

Thankyou for your kind words. But leaving the franchise right now in the path of irrelevance is not my main goal.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
DivinePaladin said:

OoT has been called LttP 3D for nearly 20 years. TP is OoT Jr. to many fans. Any Zelda fan will acknowledge that the formula has barely changed since LttP, and in regards to formula my statement holds true. If you wanna be vague and then dive deeper when questioned, feel free, but it won't invalidate the point I made. 

I was one of the few that said OoT is ALTTP 3D, but at least it has something new, like a new overworld and new dungeons.

ALBW has the same overworld, music and dungeons, except the Wind Mansion and the Misery Mine (level 6).

I could make a point about how there's the whole Rental system that completely changes how the Zelda games can be played, and that this small change alone differentiates more than enough from LttP to be considered just a B-tier redo, but I'm gonna leave that point be. There's still no real correlation between Zelda fans and Metroid fans outside of the fact that they're both subsets of Nintendo fans. Zelda fanatics overpurchasing everything Zelda is unrelated to Nintendo's handling of the Metroid franchise. Nothing makes that point clearer than Nintendo making unrequested spinoffs of both Zelda and Metroid coming in the next year. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Here's a surprising fact: Different teams can work on the same series.

"You mean that one team making a spinoff does not effect the mainline series in any way?"

Yes.

Here's another surprising fact: The same person can work on multiple unreleased games without effecting the release.

"You mean it is possible that the remaining work to be done on the mainline entry cannot be done by some of the workers so they might as well be making another game?"

Yes, it is possible.

Alkibiádēs said:

A Japanese niche franchise that sells better because it uses an iconic franchise that is popular in the West? You don't say. Dragon Quest Heroes is selling better than HW and it only released in Japan so far. What point are you trying to make here exactly?

You're trying to spin the Zelda fanbase into mindless sheep that buy anything with a Zelda paintcoat, as if they're different from fanbases of other big franchises.

And your last sentence explains the posts I've read from you recently, thank you, I know not to bother with you anymore now.

Dragon Quest Heroes is selling better than HW in Japan because the Warriors fanbase is actually on PS (and is big on those systems) over there and yes of course there is some growth thanks to DQ but it's not even in the same league to the boost that Hyrule Warriors got thanks to being Zelda. There is one other Warriors game on Wii U, know what it sold in the west? About 50k units. How about 3DS? The one Warriors game that came to the west sold about 160k,the publisher didn't even bother bringing its successors to the west. On Wii the highest was 110k. And here comes Hyrule Warriors and sells 760k in the west.

Try and give me even one example of a crossover like this where a franchise that people initially didn't give a shit about got a boost like this because it was crossed with a popular franchise. I love Persona and especially Persona 4 but I'm not going out to buy a freaking dance game because it has the Persona 4 characters in it.

Oh and I don't know what you're getting at with your last sentence, but be my guest.

DivinePaladin said:
Pavolink said:
DivinePaladin said:

OoT has been called LttP 3D for nearly 20 years. TP is OoT Jr. to many fans. Any Zelda fan will acknowledge that the formula has barely changed since LttP, and in regards to formula my statement holds true. If you wanna be vague and then dive deeper when questioned, feel free, but it won't invalidate the point I made. 

I was one of the few that said OoT is ALTTP 3D, but at least it has something new, like a new overworld and new dungeons.

ALBW has the same overworld, music and dungeons, except the Wind Mansion and the Misery Mine (level 6).

I could make a point about how there's the whole Rental system that completely changes how the Zelda games can be played, and that this small change alone differentiates more than enough from LttP to be considered just a B-tier redo, but I'm gonna leave that point be. There's still no real correlation between Zelda fans and Metroid fans outside of the fact that they're both subsets of Nintendo fans. Zelda fanatics overpurchasing everything Zelda is unrelated to Nintendo's handling of the Metroid franchise. Nothing makes that point clearer than Nintendo making unrequested spinoffs of both Zelda and Metroid coming in the next year. 

Most Zelda fans supports remakes an spin-offs, and they look happy. Metroid fans should me happy too with the new Federation Force.

Around the Network
jigokutamago said:
Here's a surprising fact: Different teams can work on the same series.

"You mean that one team making a spinoff does not effect the mainline series in any way?"

Yes.

Here's another surprising fact: The same person can work on multiple unreleased games without effecting the release.

"You mean it is possible that the remaining work to be done on the mainline entry cannot be done by some of the workers so they might as well be making another game?"

Yes, it is possible.

That's what I have said in another threads. 4 years and a team can't make a single game is proof of mismanagement. Anyway, that's not the point of the thread. There's no confirmation of a Metroid mainline game and the only thing we know about a Prime iteration is that they haven't even started one. The only thing we have as a Metroid fan is this unrequested spin-off.

DivinePaladin said:
Pavolink said:
DivinePaladin said:

If you look at the OP, I pointed that this gen Nintendo is going to have released 8 games derivated from the franchise. Something unprecedent. And not only that, Link amiibo is by far the most popular (way above Mario) and Mario Kart got for the first time ever a The Legend of Zelda DLC. It's pretty clear how important is the franchise for NIntendo this gen, even to the point of releasing 2 Zelda games in the same year.

Meanwhile, I as a Zelda fan keep buying everything they do, no matter if this is good or not. Metroid and Zelda fanbase is similar because games are very polished and comes with one or two iterations during the gen.

This time, there are 8 Zelda games (most of them succesful) and for Metroid a simple spin-off. Why to put effort while Zelda fans has showed us there's no need?

I don't expect many to understand this, as many don't want to understand many other statements said before. But I'll be patient and see how is people going to react next year when we have an overload of Zeldas.

Triforce heroes using the same assets also does not mean it's a lazy and/or remade game. It's clearly had a lot of effort put into it, and it's still a new game. Majoras mask, Oracles used the same assets but were clearly different/ new games. Four swords is also a spin off that's been established since the gba days and triforce heroes is a spiritual successor to that. So I wouldn't include that in here, it's basically a new entry in the series IMO. 

/double post

Pavolink said:

I don't expect many to understand this, as many don't want to understand many other statements said before. But I'll be patient and see how is people going to react next year when we have an overload of Zeldas.

I understand part of your frustrations, but you have to be patient as well, maybe we will only get Zelda U next year, maybe they are doing a main Metroid title, we don't know that, all we can do is wait and see what happens next year.