By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki (June 29th - July 5th 2015)

Splatoon STILL outpacing stock? oO

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:

"Dragon Quest Builders" will be HUGE for PSVita and PS4/3 in japan. the winter is coming ^^

Star Ocean 5-Launch in december ? And Persona 5 in japan ? Maybe november, i think.

Could be a system seller for PS Vita!!! If Minecraft alone did already 500k+ on PS Vita, imagine what a Dragon Quest Minecraft game can do on PS Vita!!! Great holidays for PS Vita are incoming!!!

Is this bump in PS4 sales just... new model release + E3 hype?

The PS4 revision (it's not really a new model as it has no features) provided a nice bump.

Also, I guess this proves that Famitsu wasn't just tracking the LE of FE:Fates twice, as it seems download code sales are high or Famitsu has a much higher extrapolation.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Why the sudden PS4 boost? I though the new model launched last week in Japan?

Splatoon keeps on beasting, but I doubt it'll come close to Mario Kart 8 lifetime. Remember MK8 has been bundled since November (iirc) last year, and it will be bundled for quite a while longer.

Around the Network

Splatoon is still pushing the WiiU!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Surprising bump for the PS4 given that it was only a slight revision, but hey, new models always increase sales. I expect it to be back down to about 13k-ish by next week, unless there's some game coming out that I don't know about.

Splatoon is still holding strong. The weekly drops have been slow in Japan for the Wii U, so it could be months before sales return to normal (and Splatoon will likely end up being a permanent seller, at least for Japan.)

Teeqoz said:

Splatoon keeps on beasting, but I doubt it'll come close to Mario Kart 8 lifetime. Remember MK8 has been bundled since November (iirc) last year, and it will be bundled for quite a while longer.

Splatoon will sell 25% less than Mario Kart.

MK8 ~ 2,000,000

Splatoon ~ 1,500,000

What is your prediction?

Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

MK8 ~ 2,000,000

Splatoon ~ 1,500,000

What is your prediction?

2m MK8 (I think it'll be bundled for the rest of the gen)

Splatoon: 0.8 million if not bundled, 1.3 million if bundled.

Not as optimistic on Splatoon as you are

Though I'm really not sure about Splatoon. It could end up way above but also quite a bit below my prediction.

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

MK8 ~ 2,000,000

Splatoon ~ 1,500,000

What is your prediction?

2m MK8 (I think it'll be bundled for the rest of the gen)

Splatoon: 0.8 million if not bundled, 1.3 million if bundled.

Not as optimistic on Splatoon as you are

Though I'm really not sure about Splatoon. It could end up way above but also quite a bit below my prediction.

I think 800k for Splatoon are too low, bundle or not bundle.

Honestly, i believe it will be at 800k only in 2015... With 20k basis for all July and August ( don't forget August is a holidays month in Japan ) it will be at ~550k or so... And September to December, 250k is very likely... Not only, maybe are very pessimicst considering how big is December... I think it can sell 1 million ONLY THIS YEAR!!!!!!

Maybe too much, i will go with a bit under 900k. :D