By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How MS could take a chunk out of Sony's sales this Holiday!

jlmurph2 said:
Protendo said:

Pretty sure casuals only care about new games....

Actually one of the first questions parents ask is "Will this play (previous console) games" when inquiring about a new generation.

And the answer will be a resolute "Maybe!?"

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
jlmurph2 said:

I agree about DLC. Its irrelevant because COD sales correlate to install base. Which is why MS didn't pay Activision for another year. Because people are going to buy it regardless. But the best fps controller for a lower price than a scuf is great incentive.

You may be overappreciating like OP the impact of the Elite controller with COD gamers and the only way to prove how much value gamers see in that controller is to see sales and see how gamers opt for a specific Xbone console over a PS4 console just to play with that controller. You see it as a game changer, I see other alternatives to that control.

You don't know why Micro didn't get/or sought another contract with Activision. If install bases were so determining then Micro wouldn't have gone for those contracts continuously in the past gen.

You know MS only cares about US. And COD is most popular in the US. So yes, install bases mattered last gen.

jlmurph2 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

I think Call of Duty players will be more concerned about this:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-sony-won-call-of-duty-dlc-exclusivity-away-fro/1100-6428490/

over anything else.

I don't know who will sell better this Xmas, but if Micro really wants to win they should bundle every Xbone with a PS4 for $299.

Hardcore COD players are more concerned about where their clans and pro teams are. And the best COD players play on Xbox. The elite controller and scuf controllers are the best ever made for console fps.

If hardcore players aren't concerned with the DLC why did they start this whole "Xboxorweriot" or whatever twitter thing? And why has ever CoD on PS4 been outrunning CoD on X1 ever since the announcement on Amazon.com? You're really underestimating this, it's shitty but this stuff works, companies aren't doing it for shits and giggles.

Burek said:
jlmurph2 said:

Actually one of the first questions parents ask is "Will this play (previous console) games" when inquiring about a new generation.

It'll be yes. 

jlmurph2 said:

You know MS only cares about US. And COD is most popular in the US. So yes, install bases mattered last gen.

Funny, I remember them saying they were aiming for 40% market share in my home country, and they stated that they were going to gain ground in Europe before launch.

Priorities must of shifted with the change of managment....

jlmurph2 said:
Burek said:

It'll be yes. 

You are really going to tell customers that they can play their old games?  Good luck keeping your job with those customer service scores and disgruntal customer.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:

Hardcore COD players are more concerned about where their clans and pro teams are. And the best COD players play on Xbox. The elite controller and scuf controllers are the best ever made for console fps.

If hardcore players aren't concerned with the DLC why did they start this whole "Xboxorweriot" or whatever twitter thing? And why has ever CoD on PS4 been outrunning CoD on X1 ever since the announcement on Amazon.com? You're really underestimating this, it's shitty but this stuff works, companies aren't doing it for shits and giggles.

COD on PS4 has been outrunning COD on X1 ever since Ghost.

Protendo said:
jlmurph2 said:

Funny, I remember them saying they were aiming for 40% market share in my home country, and they stated that they were going to gain ground in Europe before launch.

Priorities must of shifted with the change of managment....

Don't remember that. But US has always been MS' focus. Especially when they were ahead of PS last gen.

jlmurph2 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
smroadkill15 said:

3. The Xbox elite controller. Don't tell me those 13 year olds crazy over Cod don't want a controller like this. All of them want any type of advantage they can possibly have, even if that means just 3 extra kills.  They will beg their poor parents to buy them the Elite controller. Some might say, "But it's $150 why would you buy that?" Most controllers with similar features run for $200+, and you're getting an official controller by MS, not some 3rd party company. 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-sony-won-call-of-duty-dlc-exclusivity-away-fro/1100-6428490/

over anything else.

I don't know who will sell better this Xmas, but if Micro really wants to win they should bundle every Xbone with a PS4 for $299.

So, you think Black Ops 3 will sell more on XBO? Even with The Marketing and the PS4 bundle? ( US )

Just a question.

Ryng_Tolu said:
jlmurph2 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

over anything else.

So, you think Black Ops 3 will sell more on XBO? Even with The Marketing and the PS4 bundle?

No.

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:

COD on PS4 has been outrunning COD on X1 ever since Ghost.

Since the beginning this CoD had gotten way more pre-orders on the X1 in the US, it's not the best source but just check the pre-order chart on here. That was also very much represented on Amazon.com. Advanced Warfare also sold more on X1 than on PS4 in the US.