By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How MS could take a chunk out of Sony's sales this Holiday!

it will be fucking amazing if the X1 cant win the Holidays when its releasing all of its exclusives over the course of the last 3 months of the year and will likely get another pricecut or other great deals, the PS4 already released a bunch of exclusives this year and will release some more before the holidays leaving only the Uncharted Collection and some japanese exclusives for the Holidays, they are games that will move some systems but not at the same scale of the competitors, i mean they are releasing a new Halo (the biggest game on the system) a new Forza and New Tomb Raider, those are all big games that combined with another price cut or deal it will surely sell more systems this holiday than the PS4.

And while Sony has some partnerships with some Multiplats this holidays i dont think that will move as many system as having big exclusives for the end of the year.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Pionner said:

The new 1200 model uses cheaper parts. It has already been released in Japan. That alludes to a price cut. Verendus on neogaf has confirmed there will be a price cut this year. He even mentioned it again in the Dragon Quest Builders thread.

Just because Sony "doesn't need" one doesn't mean they won't or shouldn't do it. That's how you gain market share and bring more consumers in your ecosystem. They dropped PS2's price in under 2 years and that's when they were far ahead of everyone else. There's many reasons for a price drop man.

And please stop with the competition is good nonsense. PS4 is number 1 because of competition. The market has responded. Same they did for PS2 and that was one of the best generations ever.

they shouldn't cut the price... if they are trending at selling as much or more than last year.... even if they are trending a little under they shouldn't.... they are making a profit atm, and that company needs something to make them money..... Japan should get a small price cut and a bundle with DQ builder or DQ heroes 

They increased their sales forecast too. A price cut is happening.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

At least we know for certain
ps4 will be outselling it 3:1(or more(100k gap with blood month(uncharted will make that 200k+) this spring.
I think XBO will win US holiday
worldwide.
No way in hell.
Halo is only strong in 2 countries.

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Pionner said:
leo-j said:

they shouldn't cut the price... if they are trending at selling as much or more than last year.... even if they are trending a little under they shouldn't.... they are making a profit atm, and that company needs something to make them money..... Japan should get a small price cut and a bundle with DQ builder or DQ heroes 

They increased their sales forecast too. A price cut is happening.

If they are doing just as good or better than the year before it would be entirely pointless to price cut.  Bundling more games for $400 is far, far cheaper and almost as effective.