By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Twitch Says That Microsoft Had The Most Popular E3 Conference This Year

foodfather said:
Xenostar said:
Simple as MS conference was on at a time reasonable for both Americans and Europeans to watch.

9:30 to 12:30 AM is reasonable? Aren't most people are work / school / Uni. 

E3 is mostly an american thing. Hardly any of my friends bothered to watch it live, they all watch it on youtube. 

Sony's conference was around 6PM - 9PM. A far more reasonable time for the majority of americans to watch. 

Bullshit.

Around the Network

Totally has nothing to do with being able to watch E3 right from the PS4.

Thanks jlmurph!

DerNebel said:
foodfather said:
Xenostar said:
Simple as MS conference was on at a time reasonable for both Americans and Europeans to watch.

E3 is mostly an american thing. Hardly any of my friends bothered to watch it live, they all watch it on youtube. 

Sony's conference was around 6PM - 9PM. A far more reasonable time for the majority of americans to watch. 

Bullshit.

Twitch userbase is though. 40% of the viewers are based in US with NA it probably is close to 45-50% Eu has like 30%

foodfather said:
Xenostar said:

9.30 am is way more reasonable for Americans than 2am was for Europeons. Especially with all the devices that you cant watch twitch on nowadays. 

This is probably having an immediate affect on the sales of the XBO then... {looks at the Amazon US July monthly thread}.... oh.

Nah this whole we won, they won stuff... ultimately you will never convince one group to agree with the other.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

Well as a european I watched the Microsoft conference at 6 P.M and stayed up until 3 A.M to watch the Sony conference. I would understand why the Microsoft conference was the most watched.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

foodfather said:
Xenostar said:

E3 an american thing, lol. Here in France, even mainstream news sites had live coverage of the main events (and no need to tell you who won E3 for them, it's easy to guess...). Video games sites talked only about E3 for weeks/months. 

And a lot more people watched the MS conference live, of course. I did too, and I was one of the few people still up to watch the Sony conference. Watching the MS conference live doesn't mean they won E3... But I did watch the most important announcements again on Youtube later. And guess what, it wasn't Halo or Tomb Raider. 

The YouTube videos count is far more important, because people watch what they like or, at least, what they're interested in. It's not the same thing with the live views, where you watch what you can watch, without knowing if you'll like it or not. 

DerNebel said:
foodfather said:
Xenostar said:

Bullshit.

Butthurt. 

Doesn't change the fact that it would have been more convenient for americans to watch the PS4 show as aposed to the Xbox show. 

You trying to tell me, Simpsons and family guy would get the same views if it came on in the morning instead of the evening???

Moderated by Torillian

The title of this thread alone reveals the flaw in this article

Also: "David Hasslehoff is a popular singer says German magazine"

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

MS was on at a good time in both America and Europe. Sony just America. Maybe that's why. I know I watched MS but not PS.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One