By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Twitch Says That Microsoft Had The Most Popular E3 Conference This Year

Sonys was at 2am for EU. This isn't really valid to go on viewership as to 'who won' what a silly article.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

They hate us cuz they ain't us.

This is an old article, but Microsoft was the most popular at 11am on a workday in America.

But I do not agree that this is any metric. 

Because Sony E3 was like 3-4 AM at night, in europe.
MS was at a time, where both american and europe could view it.

Most people didnt stay up to like 4am to watch sony's.... they watched it the day after, in video form instead.

also I dont think popular means most viewers.... if you took 1,000 people (at random) that had watched E3, and asked them who won E3, most would say sony.

This most veiwers = best e3 / won e3 = bad logic.

JRPGfan said:
Because Sony E3 was like 3-4 AM at night, in europe.
MS was at a time, where both american and europe could view it.

Most people didnt stay up to like 4am to watch sony's.... they watched it the day after, in video form instead.

Clearly not hardcore enough, I had work at 8 the following morning but still watched it... Sony E3 always is pretty big and seeing the chat explode at the FF7:R announcement was worth staying up for.

As for the article... Yup.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Vasto said:
While people on forums and enthusiast game websites will tell you that Sony won E3

View count =/= opinions

Forum people and game enthusiasts opinions = opinions

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
ZhugeEX said:

Is this OP for real? This is some fanboy crap. How can you turn one meaningless stat into "MS won E3 with everyone".

Europe was sleeping during the Sony conference.

America and Europe were both awake for the Microsoft conference. Also Twitch is one platform of many that streamed E3. 

Youtube views after the conferences show which was more popular.

What's the total count? 

Good thing people here are catching up on the little timezone fact (seriously the fact that EAs conference was the second most watched should really tip people off), I saw the same news reported on the Xboxone subreddit and it turned into an unbearable circlejerk.

Horrible journalism though.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Vasto said:
While people on forums and enthusiast game websites will tell you that Sony won E3

View count =/= opinions

Forum people and game enthusiasts opinions = opinions

Yeah I really don't understand the logic that if a Billion people watch something and say it's bad that a Billion people still watched it so it was good.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Copy pasta from a user on gamingbolt's comment section:

YouTube views for PS4 "E3 announcements" from PlayStation channel.

FF7 Remake - 11,000,000 views
Uncharted 4 - 4,000,000 views
Horizon - 2,500,000 views
The Last Guardian - 3,200,000 views
Street Fighter V - 1,000,000 views
R.I.G.S Project Morpheus - 400,000 views
Dreams - 250,000 views
Ratchet and Clank - 800,000 views

YouTube views for Xbox E3 announcements from Xbox channel.

Halo 5 - 3,000,000 views
Forza 6 - 500,000 views
Rise of the Tomb Raider E3 gameplay reveal - 250,000 views
Hololens Minecraft demo - 100,000 views
Backwards compatibility announcement - 70,000 views
Gears 4 - 450,000 views (But that is from GamesHQmedia channel which is the highest view count I found)

Bad logic.