By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are 3rd party exclusive deals suddenly a great thing now?

Why are they great?

BECAUSE PS4 HAS THEM, SUCKA!!!! 73 50.34%

They aren't, they just hurt the industry. 56 38.62%

I always loved them! 16 11.03%

Total:145

They always were. Just MS tried to devalute them last gen by buying some ports. It was important then and its always important.

Exclusives sell consoles.

With that said, timed exclusive DLC is a shoot in the foot. The DLC for Dragon age is failing to make any ripples because it only released on other consoles much later. No one cared about it after the advertisement push was over. I doubt it was big enough on X1 to sell loads aswell, but i think DLC for the game has been performing badly because of the deal. Same with all of them. They waste the awareness push of the advertisement. Hope the moneys are worth it, since its diluting the brand.

Around the Network
super6646 said:

So last generation, we know Microsoft abused their dominance in the home console market to money whore 3rd parties into making deals with their console. I, as well as many other people protested about this, as it was used as an excuse to not make 1st parties. This generation, Sony has done the same thing. With COD BO III, SW: BF, MGS V, pretty much everything except for Fallout 4 is all with Sony. Now I don't understand why this is fine. Sony fans are saying this is a great thing, saying COD is back in revival, how it'll sell more consoles than Halo 5. They say how SW: BF will sell millions more on the Playstation, and will have DLC first... 

Well, I hate it. Not because I waste my money on DLC, but because of the same reason's I hated it last gen with the 360. It also gives the other platform a big pile of shit. Oh and no, I'm not buying a PS4 for DLC first, so don't bother. Anyway, look back at E3. How many exclusive games did Sony show for 2015? Now not 2016, because that's next year. How many where shown for 2015... one. It was no man's sky, and it was a 2 minute demo. That's it! People can say how they have a great lineup this year, but clearly Sony doesn't think that, as it didn't bother showing them off. It was 2/3 third party "exclusive" deals, and the rest for 2016 and 2017.

Now E3 is done, so we don't need to talk too much about that. But do you see the pattern. Sony is doing the same thing Microsoft did last gen. Now you could say that's not true, but compare to what we saw with the PS3, and what we're seeing with the PS4 in terms of 1st party content, you can't compare. You could also say Sony is in a dominating position, but so was the 360. It didn't matter then, why does it matter now. Anyway, the fact is, these deals are terrible to the industry. It makes one fanbase milked to death, while another one left out to dry. Its terribly sad, and I hope this ends for good soon!

PS4 have this year Bloodborne and Dragon Quest Heroes. I only need to name those 2 Games, they are better than anything MS have this year. I dont count Tomb Raider, it come as a better Version on Ps4 anyway 

On Topic.

In the Psone and Ps2 era, they had a lot of real exclusive deals, that was fine. But MS started those cheap 3rd Party exclusive deals for dlcs etc. And now Sony is doing it too. I dont like these deals either. I hope from next year Games go fully exclusvie back to Playstation again. Nobody needs Xbone, only Playstation and Nintendo is fine. Sega needs a comebacl :)

User was moderated for this post - Zekkyou

I am from Switzerland, so please accept my bad english ;)

"Normally, most of the B-teams of the DC Universe should have no problem with either Goku or any other SSJ out there, Gotenks and Vegito included. I think Black Adam would be enough, easily, to end them both. Maybe Booster Gold, if he could stop being a fuck up for a while."

Jinxrake aka best Comedian ever

It's always a good thing to the fanbase that benefits the most from it.

3rd party games generally sell better and are more popular than 1st party games. It's a huge incentive to buy a particular console over the other. Exclusive 1st and 3rd party games are important because they tipc the scales of percieved value of a console to gamers. Whatever console has the most games that people want to play, gets the people. 

Both are doing it this gen, the difference is that this gen, its working better for ps4 unlike last gen.

You have to make a différence between moneyhat deals like tomb raider and games like Bayonetta 2, SFV , Nier 2, Star Océan 5

In thé first case Microsoft prévent thé game to come on an other console, thé fact its coming on PS4 is enough proof, while in thé other case, Being an exclusivity means thé game woudldnt have been made without the console where its exclusive , there is a need of exvlusivity to dévelop thé game and/or because its useless to dévelop on One for japanese games, its not fake exclusive preventing a game to come elsewhere , not thé same thing at all

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
super6646 said:

So last generation, we know Microsoft abused their dominance in the home console market to money whore 3rd parties into making deals with their console. I, as well as many other people protested about this, as it was used as an excuse to not make 1st parties. This generation, Sony has done the same thing. With COD BO III, SW: BF, MGS V, pretty much everything except for Fallout 4 is all with Sony. Now I don't understand why this is fine. Sony fans are saying this is a great thing, saying COD is back in revival, how it'll sell more consoles than Halo 5. They say how SW: BF will sell millions more on the Playstation, and will have DLC first... 

Well, I hate it. Not because I waste my money on DLC, but because of the same reason's I hated it last gen with the 360. It also gives the other platform a big pile of shit. Oh and no, I'm not buying a PS4 for DLC first, so don't bother. Anyway, look back at E3. How many exclusive games did Sony show for 2015? Now not 2016, because that's next year. How many where shown for 2015... one. It was no man's sky, and it was a 2 minute demo. That's it! People can say how they have a great lineup this year, but clearly Sony doesn't think that, as it didn't bother showing them off. It was 2/3 third party "exclusive" deals, and the rest for 2016 and 2017.

Now E3 is done, so we don't need to talk too much about that. But do you see the pattern. Sony is doing the same thing Microsoft did last gen. Now you could say that's not true, but compare to what we saw with the PS3, and what we're seeing with the PS4 in terms of 1st party content, you can't compare. You could also say Sony is in a dominating position, but so was the 360. It didn't matter then, why does it matter now. Anyway, the fact is, these deals are terrible to the industry. It makes one fanbase milked to death, while another one left out to dry. Its terribly sad, and I hope this ends for good soon!

Better more power full more popualr platform deserevs the better deals.  Its the best for the most people.

Sony are using it because it works, not as an excuse to not make first party or real exclusive games, their first party is behind in PS4 development because managenent decided that the PS3 needed an absurd amount of exclusives in 2013.

You can't say that Sony is using this as an excuse for exclusive games when they have half a dozen of very high profile exclusives lined up for 2016 already.

Aerys said:
You have to make a différence between moneyhat deals like tomb raider and games like Bayonetta 2, SFV , Nier 2, Star Océan 5

In thé first case Microsoft prévent thé game to come on an other console, thé fact its coming on PS4 is enough proof, while in thé other case, Being an exclusivity means thé game woudldnt have been made without the console where its exclusive , there is a need of exvlusivity to dévelop thé game and/or because its useless to dévelop on One for japanese games, its not fake exclusive preventing a game to come elsewhere , not thé same thing at all

Dude, what's up with the random accents in your texts?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

AbbathTheGrim said:
Aerys said:

Dude, what's up with the random accents in your texts?

Smartphone autofix + writting with 2 fingers is awful

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I always disliked them and i always said Sony is wasting its money