By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are 3rd party exclusive deals suddenly a great thing now?

Why are they great?

BECAUSE PS4 HAS THEM, SUCKA!!!! 73 50.34%

They aren't, they just hurt the industry. 56 38.62%

I always loved them! 16 11.03%

Total:145
Ashadian said:

Sony have got titles for this year. Until Dawn,Tearaway Unfolded,Dragon Quest Heroes,Persona 5.Uncharted Collection to name some. But I can tell you now that the big sellers between Sep-Dec will be the big multipat titles. Sony have used their brains and kept their big exclusives away. Why waste massive amounts on advertising and mindshare with the behemoths of the industry??? You can't compete with Cod,Star Wars Battlefront,FIFA,AC Syndicate,MGS 5,Fallout 4 and even Just Cause 3

This. It's the same reason why Rise of the Tomb Raider is going to get buried in sales for releasing in Nov the same day as FO4.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Dude, what's up with the random accents in your texts?

Smartphone autofix + writting with 2 fingers is awful

Well that solves one of the two greatest mysteries of VGChartz. :P Now it's just a matter of finding out if the charts will return full-time ever again.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

This is simple, becauase it always was a big deal. Already in the era snes, 3rd party games were a big deal and important for a big sucess. After the ps2 era, in my opinion sony made a big mistake, because of there big domination on the hardware front, they thought they could it do without, even worse the made an very bad price for the ps3...but with the ps4 i think have gone back to the roots and they know that 3rd party games are very important to have exclusive

I don't think that Microsoft or Sony use third party deals so as to reduce their first party output. Third parties will always for the most part sell more than first party games so it doesn't hurt to make your console stand out as the best place to play those third party games whether it be with early DLC or extra content.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Its still a bad thing. MS and Sony waste their money with those third party deals.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I've never liked it and still don't.

However, I have gotten used to it and I understand what's going on now. Last gen, if the Tomb Raider deal had been announced, I would have been annoyed. When this first started happening on the 360, no one knew it was timed. No one was allowed to say until one year later, when the PS3 version was announced. Now, it's like, "eh, I can wait."

As for Street Fighter, Capcom does this "one platform at a time" thing that I think is ridiculous. It's their business model.

Regarding DLC, yeah, that really is annoying. I remember after New Vegas, I was so ready for the DLC, but by the time it got a delayed release on PC, I had moved on. I bought it at like 75% off on Steam when I would have bought it full price on Day One if I could have.

However, with DLC, I blame the publishers. My guess is that they're going back and forth between Sony and Microsoft and creating a situation where they're afraid not to invest because their competitor will get it.

As for the games coming from small developers, it's good for them. They're trading limited exclusivity for support and advertising they would not get otherwise. Two minutes on the E3 stage can be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. That's one I don't mind, be it for Sony or Microsoft.

Yeah, i believe when SONY dominates the consoles market, console will have more variety in games compared to last gen, when all games being popular with FPS and PC games like, at least when PS money hating is for a good reason, because nobody want consoles industry ruled by dudes bros games .

HollyGamer said:
Yeah, i believe when SONY dominates the consoles market, console will have more variety in games compared to last gen, when all games being popular with FPS and PC games like, at least when PS money hating is for a good reason, because nobody want consoles industry ruled by dudes bros games .

Yep. Sony is already heavily investing in non dude bros games as proven by CoD exclusive DLC.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

It's OK when Sony does i-*gets shot*

FunFan said:
HollyGamer said:

Yep. Sony is already heavily investing in non dude bros games as proven by CoD exclusive DLC.

Yep because SONY tried to be more variant beside their weebos JRPG games