By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic stats by Gen 8 platform ** UPDATED **

SubiyaCryolite said:
MoHasanie said:
Wow, I was expecting the Wii U to be highest and the PS4 the lowest.

This shouldnt be a surprise at all. The PS4 already has more games rated above 90 than the Wii U, it also has more games rated above 80. Also, when one looks at the PS3 and the original Wii this is to be expected, the PS3 had FAAAAR more games score above 80 and 90. I've raised this many times before.

Yeah, but then you look at which games and you kind of have to lol.

Shovel Knight 91% on PS4 and 88% on Wii U? Ok. A port of Flower? Fez? TLOU: R? GTA V? DIABLO 3? (isn't even over 90 on xbone).

Around the Network

Very pointless exercise.

Piss poor multiplats most likely have dragged the wiiu score down.

And certainly play a part for why Xbox One is not higher than PS4. Take Arkham for example. 89% on PS4 based on 51 critics. 85% on xbox one based on only 7 critics.... none of which mention ''performance constraints''.

Darn it funky barn! D:

Samus Aran said:

Shovel Knight 91% on PS4 and 88% on Wii U? Ok. A port of Flower? Fez? TLOU: R? GTA V? DIABLO 3? (isn't even over 90 on xbone).

As I said, consumers dont care about remakes and cross gen ports. Even if they did cross gen games and remakes will eventually die out and the PS4 will still get tons of support. Its average score will easily eclipse that of the Wii U. Looking back the PS3 has more than 3 times the amount of games rated above 90 compared to the Wii (49 vs 14). The PS3 has over 300 games rated above 80, 300! Even if the PS4 only manages half of that (doubtful) it will completely pummel the Wii U. Any way you look at it, Sony comes out on top.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/wii/metascore

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps3?sort=desc

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
Samus Aran said:

As I said, consumers dont care about remakes and cross gen ports. Even if they did cross gen games and remakes will eventually die out and the PS4 will still get tons of support. Its average score will easily eclipse that of the Wii U. Looking back the PS3 has more than 3 times the amount of games rated above 90 compared to the Wii (49 vs 14). The PS3 has over 300 games rated above 80, 300! Even if the PS4 only manages half of that (doubtful) it will completely pummel the Wii U. Any way you look at it, Sony comes out on top.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/wii/metascore

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps3?sort=desc

Consumers don't care about indie games that you can play on a PC from 2000 either.

Sony doesn't come out on top - third party studios do.

And obviously the PS4 will  end up with more games at 90%, the entire industry is making games for it and it will be supported longer, I was argueing your claim about it already having more games now. Only 2 games deserve it right now. Bloodborne and TW3 (I'd argue Arkham Knight does too, but sadly it has fallen down to 89%).

Because honestly, if you're going to include Flower I might as well include my VC collection. :p

Metroid Fusion: 92%

Metroid Prime Trilogy: 91%

Metroid: Zero Mission: 89%

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team: 90%

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap: 89%

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past: 95%

All games I never owned before as well. :p

Around the Network

So I took some time and found the average of the retail exclusives for the PS4 and Xbox One. I used LordLichtensteins list of exclusives (meaning any game that you can't get on the other).

I only included games that have already launched and had enough reviews to have an overall score.

I wanted to do this because as far as I can tell this would give the Xbox One it's biggest advantage as far as scores go. I had seen some people complaining about the PS4 multiplatform scores and I have a pretty good feeling the PS4 would do better with digital games than the Xbox One. So here's how they turned out.

PS4: 31 games, average score of 68.58

Xbox One 22 games, average score of 69.09

The averages turned out pretty much the way I expected them to. The Xbox One had less really high scoring games (4 games 80 or higher vs. 9 for the PS4) but a much larger percentage of it's games fell between 70-79.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Samus Aran said:

Consumers don't care about indie games that you can play on a PC from 2000 either.

And obviously the PS4 will  end up with more games at 90%, the entire industry is making games for it and it will be supported longer, I was argueing your claim about it already having more games now. Only 2 games deserve it right now. Bloodborne and TW3 (I'd argue Arkham Knight does too, but sadly it has fallen down to 89%).

Because honestly, if you're going to include Flower I might as well include my VC collection. :p

Bend the "rules" as much as you can to make yourself feel better.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Metascore average of all games on every platform. Wtf. What is this? How the fuck did the OP generate this much discussion?

Is this a new trendy battleground for fanatics?

SubiyaCryolite said:
Samus Aran said:

Not bending any rules, just using common sense as to why metacritic is flawed. To which you obviously have no argument against.

Oh and Flower on PS3 only has 87%. You're telling me the PS4 version is better? Oh wait, exact same game...

You count SK on the PS4 as a 90%+ game even though Wii U has that game as well, but reviewers rated it lower. It's the exact same game for crying out loud!

And can you explain me the difference between counting Flower and any of the VC games I mentioned? I'd really like to know.

Samus Aran said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

Not bending any rules, just using common sense as to why metacritic is flawed. To which you obviously have no argument against.

Oh and Flower on PS3 only has 87%. You're telling me the PS4 version is better? Oh wait, exact same game...

You count SK on the PS4 as a 90%+ game even though Wii U has that game as well, but reviewers rated it lower. It's the exact same game for crying out loud!

And can you explain me the difference between counting Flower and any of the VC games I mentioned? I'd really like to know.

It is, the motion controls are vastly improved on the PS4 version. Good/better controls makes a game better. A game is marked down for bad controls therefore is marked higher for good/better controls.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'