By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic stats by Gen 8 platform ** UPDATED **

PS4 only 4% above Wii U, a console with last gen hardware.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

The PS4s numbers will keep rising as it will have tons of support for the next 4 to 6 years... The Wii U....

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

SubiyaCryolite said:
Pavolink said:

The PS4s numbers will keep rising as it will have tons of support for the next 4 to 6 years... The Wii U....

Or it could be down if shovelware makes its work. Still, terrible.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wow, I was expecting the Wii U to be highest and the PS4 the lowest.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

tagging

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

Or it could be down if shovelware makes its work. Still, terrible.

If the PS3 is anything to go by Sony will trash Nintendo and Microsoft as time goes on. Sony always has the most games rated above 90 and 80 by a large margin.

What amazed me is that there are so many games for those platforms yet I can barely think of any that would get me or my friends to buy any of them.

MoHasanie said:

This shouldnt be a surprise at all. The PS4 already has more games rated above 90 than the Wii U, it also has more games rated above 80. Also, when one looks at the PS3 and the original Wii this is to be expected, the PS3 had FAAAAR more games score above 80 and 90. I've raised this many times before.

SubiyaCryolite said:
MoHasanie said:

This shouldnt be a surprise at all. The PS4 already has more games rated above 90 than the Wii U, it also has more games rated above 80. Also, when one looks at the PS3 and the original Wii this is to be expected, the PS3 had FAAAAR more games score above 80 and 90. I've raised this many times before.

The different will be even worse soon with Persona 5,  Ratchet, Uncharted, SFV, FFXV, all these games will be between 85 and 95 without a doubt.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

generic-user-1 said:
Samus Aran said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I know they have and they've given nintendo games 100's. I know it's not made by nintendo but it's a Wii U exclusive. 

Fair enough you don't think metacritic should be taken seriously but this is a thread about data on metacritic so that's what we're discussing. It's like coming to a sales site and complaining about people talking about sales numbers.

Yeah because you can compare games of different genres with the similar scores..

The average is also a pretty useless statistic. There are far better (and more complicated) options. I guess someone could start by making a boxplot of all 3 consoles.

maybe you?

A year too late for that. Last year, when I was still at University and had access to SPSS, I could've done it as practice for an exam. Too time consuming now to make 3 databases with each over 200 entries. Once you made the databases it's easy peasy with SPSS to do all kinds of calculations though.