By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic stats by Gen 8 platform ** UPDATED **

Aura7541 said:
Wow, this is surprising. I expected the Wii U to be on top, but instead, it's the other way around o.O

Sonic Boom happened. :p

But yeah, some eshop trash like The Letter brings things down.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Aura7541 said:
Wow, this is surprising. I expected the Wii U to be on top, but instead, it's the other way around o.O

For someone who doesn't care about Metacritic, you sure are spending a lot of time and energy trying to spin the results...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Samus Aran said:

For someone who doesn't care about Metacritic, you sure are spending a lot of time and energy trying to spin the results...

I like discussing, especially about the flaws of metacritic.

Anything real to add instead of Ad Hominems?

Barozi said:
Average is completely meaningless in this case.

A console with 1000 bad games and 500 great games still has a better library than another console with 400 great games and only 100 bad games.

Since nobody is forced to play through all the crappy games, there is no reason why the average should matter.

Depends on how much you care about prestige. For someone who only cares about the games 1000 bad games means nothing when you have 500 great ones, but it's much more prestigious to own the system with 400 great games and only 100 bad games.

33% great games = terrible

80% great games = master race

Samus Aran said:
Aura7541 said:

Each console has their fair share of really bad games. In addition, the flaws of Metacritic applies to all consoles, not biased against or for just one. Yes, we know how Metacritic tends to count scores from really bad websites, but it happens with each game and each console.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Normchacho said:

I like discussing, especially about the flaws of metacritic.

Anything real to add instead of Ad Hominems?

Sure, pretty much everything you've said could also be applied to the PS4 or the Xbox One. On top of that, you're not just talking about Metacritic. You're making claims about the quality of games you've never played. We get it, Nintendo is your prefered console maker, and this being a gaming forum makes this a good place to talk about it. But at least speak from experience rather than crapping on games just because it doesn't fit your bias.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

vivster said:
I hope that puts the rumors to rest that PS4 does not have the best games

oh please you know what excuses are incoming

INDIES!

REMASTERS!

Meanwhile every time an Ori, MCC, WWHD, Gears Ultimate, or Shovel Knight comes to a competing platform those things count according to the haters.

I am Iron Man

Have to say the Metascore averages are a more interesting comparison than sales this generation; they are quite close with a 68-72% spread between the three.

I imagine the Wii U average has been lowered by widely varying quality amongst third party support; naturally their own software always rates high in quality.

The XBO average suffers from receiving a higher number of lesser quality (or lower performance) third party versions of multiplatform games than the PS4.

The PS4 average if anything, will be affected by having a higher volume of games as the platform of choice in terms of marketshare, which invariably means the addition of mediocre or questionable quality games.

The other interesting thing to note here is the level of software support as indicated by the number of titles included in the ratings averages which falls directly in line with marketshare percentages.

Wii U has got lots of shovelware, so no surprise at all.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I'm surprised the Wii U is not #1.

But then again, a lot of the games on the PS4 are remastered games of high scored last gen games... soooooo

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]