By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic stats by Gen 8 platform ** UPDATED **

czecherychestnut said:
DonFerrari said:
Quite strange. Maybe a lot of bad unknow games lowering wiiu score. If by publisher or developer they would score much better.

There definitely are a few really low scores for Wii U (The Letter with 14, some minigame thing with 11) but they are very few in number compared to the total amount of review scores so I don't think it would change the score measurably. The others have bad games too, both have Rugby 2015 at 20 for example.

Agree that by publisher ninty would be well up there on average. This is also a case where the median might tell a meaningful story.

It's late here but tomorrow I'll break it down a bit further, split it by publisher and work out the median score (I'm predicting around 70 for all three).

Great, maybe even make a distribution curve of scores 

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
brute said:
Credit for the hard work, but there is only one problem, almost all of the multi-plats are mainly reviewed on PS4, which in most cases leaves it with the higher score ( see shovel knight, diablo 3 etc) and that can skew the results a bit. But I don't want to cherry pick and discredit your work as that is not your fault, you did a great job and nice insight on how PS4 has possibly the best games.

I don't have a PS4, but I have played Shovel Knight.  Can someone tell me why Shovel Knight is considered a 91 on PS4, but on Wii U it gets an 88, and on Xbox One only an 86?

The lenghts people will go to defend and spin in favor of a company.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Goodnightmoon said:
Lawlight said:

Average percentage-wise, the difference isn't big but it's clear that the PS4 has a far better library based on quantity and quality.

Far more quality? x´D

Forget about indies and remasters and compare, even with all the multiplatforms Ps4 is still far from WiiU on quality.

And your base to say Nintendo 1st parties is better than all games on ps4 is? Because no matter which is the majority disagree.

With updated information how can anyone say that the PS4 doesn't have the best lineup? Based on metacritic scores of course. Preference will always play the biggest role in who likes what.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I am a Nintendo fanboy, no denying that, but if I were to get another console, it definitely would be a PS4. BUT I am also PC master race which will trounce all those stats anyways lol

Quality over quantity?

Why not both.

where 3sd and vita

aceburg0413 said:
It may just be me, but is there a reason that the percentages in the base tables don't add up to 100%?

Metacritic score PS4 Wii U XB1
> 90% 2.01% 1.94% 1.34%
> 80% 25.08% 22.82% 19.20%
> 70% 63.55% 54.85% 60.71%
> 60% 83.95% 74.27% 81.70%

By calculating the scores in this way you are double and triple counting the same scores, so a game with a score of 80-70 range will get counted for also a score of 70 -60 and below 60, won't it?

The table above the one you selected has that breakdown, the table u selected is the percentage of games that are greater than 60%, 70%, 80%, etc.

Basically it is saying 84% of ps4 games are scored 60% or higher, compared with 75% of Wii U games.  or in other words, 16% of ps4 games are scored lower than 60%, compared to 25% of Wii U games.

I calculated that table for people who were saying that only the number of games greater than 70-80% mattered because people don't care about that other games. The table shows that no matter if you care about games only greater than 70%, 80%, 90%, the PS4 still has the most games and greatest percentage of games in that category.

DonFerrari said:
czecherychestnut said:

There definitely are a few really low scores for Wii U (The Letter with 14, some minigame thing with 11) but they are very few in number compared to the total amount of review scores so I don't think it would change the score measurably. The others have bad games too, both have Rugby 2015 at 20 for example.

Agree that by publisher ninty would be well up there on average. This is also a case where the median might tell a meaningful story.

It's late here but tomorrow I'll break it down a bit further, split it by publisher and work out the median score (I'm predicting around 70 for all three).

Great, maybe even make a distribution curve of scores 

Check the updated OP, it now breaks it down by score band, the percentage of games that scored between 80-90, 70-80, 60-70, etc. In affect the data gives you the distribution curve.