By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - So I just saw Jurassic World! [Spoilers]

contestgamer said:
FentonCrackshell said:

Do you do this sort of logic-seeking in every film that you watch? Because the Hollywood formula is pretty much the same and it always ends the same (i.e. The heor gets the girl). I'm still waiting for someone to make the film in which all characters make decisions like people do in real life. I'll clear my day in order ro watch all 12 hours of that film. 

Watch JP 1 and then come back and tell me that JW is even remotely on the same logical plain as those. There's a difference between guy getting the girl and guy getting the girl immediately after the girls assistant is mauled in front of her eyes and while hundreds of killing machines are still flying in the skies all around them. That's just lazy script writing.

I've already stated that the original is the superior mark. This one it good for what it is. It's a fun ride but not a cinematic benchmark. It's a Summer action film. These are usually the dumbest films of the year. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

It was good. Nothing out of the ordinary. I went there and got what I expected: corny acting, good action and decent story. I wasn't disappointed since I expected this movie not to surpass Jurassic Park levels, but I enjoyed it.

Fun vs. Good. It was a fun film, but I wouldn't call it good, and not even close to the original. It was better than 2 and 3 , but those felt like bad retreads while this had its own personality.

I enjoyed it,but it was pretty much the same movie as the first one,let's be honest.

Lol Gotta love VGChartz. The guy comes on here and says he loves the movie and thought it was amazing and everyone comes here and shits all over it. GG vgchartz

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Aside from some clever nods to the original movie as well as the justification for revisiting the part and a well thought out premise for Jurassic World itself, the entire film was crap.

Its simply not rewatchable. Much like Godzilla, its riddled with stupid characters and illogical plot progression.

Only highlight really is the Rex & raptor team up at the end, but even that didn't last very long. There really was only about 5 or 7 total minutes of fun to be had with this film.

haxxiy said:
Nem said:

I think the movie was a bad movie, but it was entertaining.

And yeah some huge plot holes if you understand anything about genetics in particular.

*Spoilers*

I felt sorry for the woman with the horrible death. What did she do to deserve that? And the heroine, responsibility never dawned on her and she gets the guy. I was like... really? Hundreads of people died and she was there kissing the guy at the end like it was nothing to do with her plus happy ending with the family? That was just wrong. That woman was a monster, she deserved to go to prison at the end for not having evacuated the park before it was too late.

Oh and Bieber lookalike (was the role supposed to have been for him?)... totally bad.

But you know... you go to see Dinos rampanging and you get your money's worth.

I guess that can be explained the way that chinese scientist was actually deliberately creating them as weaponry as opposed to their features being mere genetic accidents? Maybe? And perhaps that woman wasn't arrested because she was like Sonic on high heels, lol. Gotta go fast.

Genetics dont work the way the scientist was talking. You cant get a feature from one animal and copy paste it into another. Its not how it works.

I'll probably see it on Blu-Ray. It was either this or Inside Out at my local theatre. I chose Inside Out simply because I like Pixar. 

Nem said:
haxxiy said:
Nem said:

I think the movie was a bad movie, but it was entertaining.

And yeah some huge plot holes if you understand anything about genetics in particular.

*Spoilers*

I felt sorry for the woman with the horrible death. What did she do to deserve that? And the heroine, responsibility never dawned on her and she gets the guy. I was like... really? Hundreads of people died and she was there kissing the guy at the end like it was nothing to do with her plus happy ending with the family? That was just wrong. That woman was a monster, she deserved to go to prison at the end for not having evacuated the park before it was too late.

Oh and Bieber lookalike (was the role supposed to have been for him?)... totally bad.

But you know... you go to see Dinos rampanging and you get your money's worth.

I guess that can be explained the way that chinese scientist was actually deliberately creating them as weaponry as opposed to their features being mere genetic accidents? Maybe? And perhaps that woman wasn't arrested because she was like Sonic on high heels, lol. Gotta go fast.

Genetics dont work the way the scientist was talking. You cant get a feature from one animal and copy paste it into another. Its not how it works.

I'm not talking about the way hejustified the features of the indominus rex by pointing out the species he used. Seems like he was trying to excuse himself thinking the indian billionaire and the redhead were well the sort of person to buy into lego genetics, but later when he talked to those mercenaries/army dudes, it was clear he deliberately was researching into a way to include those features into his genetically modified dinosaurs.

The GMOs we've created in the last 20 years in real life aren't that impressive, but in a world where dinosaurs were brought back to life, the modifications he did on the indominus seem very doable.

Great, predictable movie