By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub New Review (Gamesradar)

ganoncrotch said:

*gasps internally*

Anyway, You've gone from talking about review embargos pre release to months after release? Review embargo's don't last months after release, I'm lost.

You're lost because you initially took us off course making a point that doesn't support your own argument and now you think I'm talking about review embargos when it clearly isn't the case. Your point was that you think consumers should be given a better sense of direction after a broken game is fixed and those broken reviews shouldn't remain but yet you feel that it is common sense that you should hold off on a game if it was a late embargo otherwise it will be broken or bad. My point is that if you think the average consumer needs updated reviews and can't use anything else to help direct them because they can't look at a bad review talking about issues at launch and see it as outdated then this average consumer isn't going to have the "common sense 101" (really?) to know how review embargos work and how they can point towards a bad or broken game.

Around the Network

Downloading plus edition now. I've held out buying before now on principle, but I'll make a decision when I've heard.

Also I've heard nothing but good things on the season pass, content and value.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Wait, is this game getting new reviews? o.O

beeje13 said:
Downloading plus edition now. I've held out buying before now on principle, but I'll make a decision when I've heard.

Also I've heard nothing but good things on the season pass, content and value.

After the botched released they have done really well with the DLC release schedule.

So far they've added 154 new events (from 52 at launch) in 14 different mini tours (first 2 were free) and there are 4 more mini tours coming soon. (2 per month) Plus 45 extra cars atm (Some were free) The DLC tours focus on the new cars, plus they have different themes and keep it fresh with unique time and weather profiles.

The DLC has exceeded all my expectations. It's the only game that has persuaded me into getting a season pass.

best racer this gen

Around the Network

I think people are badly mistaken when they assume DC scored what I did because of server issues.

A. Sony (or Evolution, one of them) said recently that the servers were functional for reviewers.

B. A vast majority of the low scoring reviews I have seen either don't even touch on network issues, or barely mention them.

It's not a situation where a 71 meta game would have been a 90 or something. Or even an 80.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I think people are badly mistaken when they assume DC scored what I did because of server issues.

A. Sony (or Evolution, one of them) said recently that the servers were functional for reviewers.

B. A vast majority of the low scoring reviews I have seen either don't even touch on network issues, or barely mention them.

It's not a situation where a 71 meta game would have been a 90 or something. Or even an 80.

You are mistaken by thinking a lot of reviewers didnt score DC according to the server issues even if they played without these issues, many gave it a lower score knowing all these issues.

And there was also the content, no weather, that made a big difference considering the weather is mindblowing and the most next gen weather we've seen so far.

There was also the small content, all these issues are now resolved, so yes, the game would be much closer to 80-85 now, Gamesrader is a good example, their preview went from 8 to 9,5

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I've been giving the ps+ version the old college try the past couple days and I'm enjoying it about as much as I expected, which is not at all really. The racing genre just isn't my thing.

Don't see what the big fuss is about this game.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Some reviews lowered the score because of server issues. Many day 1 reviews did not indeed.
At the time of review many reviewers felt track racers were outdated and far inferior to open world racers.
Plus the long delay might have also played a part in reviews, together with the fact that weather was teased at E3 yet still not included at launch. Add low car count, no car tuning (which are both actually a plus for online competition and leaderboards based on driving skills) and DC simply didn't fit the image of what a next-gen racer should be. 

Instead it's an amazingly polished track racer with old school addictive gameplay combined with endless online challenges. There is always something to try to beat.