By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub New Review (Gamesradar)

Ruler said:
Updated reviews shouldnt be allowed. Imagine if there wont be any servers to download the patch. The game will be forever a rushed and gimped game. It gives the wrong message to these devolopers

Do you know the problems they had with DC? It was all to do with the online aspect, they coded it it a way that it put severe pressure on the servers. Soooo in a few years the online side of it will probably be turned off anyway (standard practice) so it'll be irrelevant if you can update it or not anyway.

As for the launch of DC, I don't think it was rushed but rather the poor server coding. Heads rolled for it and a 70s score is deserved. Nobody should expect a website to go out of their way to re-review it and it's a shame. I love the game and it's easily a 85-90 game. DC2 can maybe get off to a smoother start.

Around the Network
Qwark said:
Vasto said:

Which tour pack is it? Been thinking of getting the season pass if it contains all the packs.

It does contain all the packs, liveries and cars it is really great value for money 

Picked it up today.

SWORDF1SH said:
Ruler said:
Updated reviews shouldnt be allowed. Imagine if there wont be any servers to download the patch. The game will be forever a rushed and gimped game. It gives the wrong message to these devolopers

Do you know the problems they had with DC? It was all to do with the online aspect, they coded it it a way that it put severe pressure on the servers. Soooo in a few years the online side of it will probably be turned off anyway (standard practice) so it'll be irrelevant if you can update it or not anyway.

As for the launch of DC, I don't think it was rushed but rather the poor server coding. Heads rolled for it and a 70s score is deserved. Nobody should expect a website to go out of their way to re-review it and it's a shame. I love the game and it's easily a 85-90 game. DC2 can maybe get off to a smoother start.

It's double standards though. Halo MCC got a pass from most reviewers with the same problems that lasted even longer, and the off-line had numerous issues as well. I don't think most reviewers slated it for the online anyway.

Anyway I hope they keep supporting DC with another season pass yet instead of DC2, make a new Motorstorm, going back to its roots. Motorstorm with Drive club weather will be epic. User made challenges also fit Motorstorm.
Of course Evolution stuidios would be better off making Driveclub 2 instead of keep supporting the first one, then at least it gets reviewed again. Mario DLC packs get reviewed, DC ignored. Maybe at the end of the season it will get a mention somewhere.

Vasto said:
Qwark said:
Vasto said:

Which tour pack is it? Been thinking of getting the season pass if it contains all the packs.

It does contain all the packs, liveries and cars it is really great value for money 

Picked it up today.

You surely won´t regret that purchase ;)

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

SvennoJ said:
SWORDF1SH said:

It's double standards though. Halo MCC got a pass from most reviewers with the same problems that lasted even longer, and the off-line had numerous issues as well. I don't think most reviewers slated it for the online anyway.

Anyway I hope they keep supporting DC with another season pass yet instead of DC2, make a new Motorstorm, going back to its roots. Motorstorm with Drive club weather will be epic. User made challenges also fit Motorstorm.
Of course Evolution stuidios would be better off making Driveclub 2 instead of keep supporting the first one, then at least it gets reviewed again. Mario DLC packs get reviewed, DC ignored. Maybe at the end of the season it will get a mention somewhere.

Don't know the context of the MCC reviews but it contains a lot of content and a lot of single player content so it's probably "a little more" forgivable to have broken online (obviously still not forgivable).

DC just didn't have the content compared to other racers so single player alone = 7/10. What' a shame is that the excellent weather effects (which was added later) would of increased the score if it was there at launch and if they also got the online aspect right at launch. The game would of been pushing for a 9 out of 10 score. What will be even more of a shame it that Forza 6 will have great weather effects from the start and nobody will remember that DC reached that level of weather effects first. I mean it's not a shame Forza will get great weather effect, just a shame that DC will be forgotten about in the main media for it's acheivements for stubbling at the first hurdle and creating a negative vibe for it that it never recovered from.

Around the Network

shame more reviewers don't go back and revisit games more.

Yes games should be marked down at launch for flaws, but you should also reward devs that stick with a game and support it for months after release.

Driveclub's update are not simply fixing glitches that should have been clean at launch, they have added a ton of content and gameplay enhancements.

It would be a shame if someone passed on DC based on its 71 meta because if you buy the game today you are getting the best racer this gen.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

SvennoJ said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Ruler said:

How did Halo MCC get a pass?  What evidence do you have?

Driveclub has a 71 because it is average at best.  Quit the denial. 

Angelv577 said:
I am enjoying DC ps plus edition so far which by the way, my ps plus subcription expired and I am still able to play it and earn trophies. Very weird.

That's because DC isn't really a part of PS+. If you check it's in the demoes section (I believe). Sony have already stated that Driveclub is now being seen as a service so I doubt very much it will be taken down after a month.

The PS5 Exists. 

Sharpryno said:
SvennoJ said:

How did Halo MCC get a pass?  What evidence do you have?

Driveclub has a 71 because it is average at best.  Quit the denial. 

At launch yes, especially without working MP. Now though, it's different beast altogether. I agree with him on some aspects but I don't think that people should expects reveiwers to review a product. With Polygon I expected them to go back an rereview as they took it onto themsleves to downgrade the game post review.

I can also see why people are frustrated with the 71 score when the game is better than that. But DC isn't the first game to get ripped apart for broken MP and we need developers to stop releasing faulty games because they can patch it later.

GribbleGrunger said:
Angelv577 said:
I am enjoying DC ps plus edition so far which by the way, my ps plus subcription expired and I am still able to play it and earn trophies. Very weird.

That's because DC isn't really a part of PS+. If you check it's in the demoes section (I believe). Sony have already stated that Driveclub is now being seen as a service so I doubt very much it will be taken down after a month.

Nice.  I find it weird that this version is called ps plus edition and it still doesnt require a subcription.