By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DriveClub New Review (Gamesradar)

DC 2 will be awesome.

There no better lesson then failure, and Evo proved they can get back and do right.

Hope for more cars and tuning.

Around the Network
Metroid33slayer said:

Such a shame that it is only rated 71 on metacritic. If the current build was reviewed back at launch then i am sure it would have a metascore in the mid eighties.

But luckily it doesn't work like that.

If that was the case, it would encourage developers to release broken games and that obviously should never happen.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Headshot said:
ganoncrotch said:

Pro tip - If a massive game is coming out and there is a review embargo on it.... it isn't because the company is afraid it will review too highly, don't buy games before you see reviews like this, common sense 101 really here.

The average consumer who checks out driveclub on metacritic a few months after release and sees the low scores but doesn't pay attention to why they scored so low or does pay attention but doesn't bother to check if its fixed won't share this "common sense".

*gasps internally*

Anyway, You've gone from talking about review embargos pre release to months after release? Review embargo's don't last months after release, I'm lost.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

RealGamingExpert said:
Metroid33slayer said:

Such a shame that it is only rated 71 on metacritic. If the current build was reviewed back at launch then i am sure it would have a metascore in the mid eighties.

If that was the case, it would encourage developers to release broken games and that obviously should never happen.

there is more than enough encouragement to do so from publishers, I doubt reviews doing updates when the game actually is improved will have any effect on developers

Angelv577 said:
globalisateur said:

Yes, that's curious. Maybe it's intended by the devs to make amend?

I hope so because I dont plan to subcribe for now.  How you got aware of it?

Well, you did!

But I was thinking, maybe one can still play to PS+ games aven 24 hours (or so) after the end of your PS+ subscription, tell us if you can still play Driveclub in a few days. It could be interesting.

Around the Network

With the PS+ edition finally released and the studio saying it would focus on providing services for Driveclub I sincerely hope that a new seasonpass will be announced soon for €20- and €30- for both seasonpasses

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Vasto said:
Are the weather effects not in the Tour Mode?

Not the original but all DLC's feature rain, and the original tour is pretty short and they released a free tour pack with plenty of rain.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Too bad metacritic wont update, their preview is still at 80 on MC

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Qwark said:
Vasto said:
Are the weather effects not in the Tour Mode?

Not the original but all DLC's feature rain, and the original tour is pretty short and they released a free tour pack with plenty of rain.

Which tour pack is it? Been thinking of getting the season pass if it contains all the packs.

RealGamingExpert said:
Metroid33slayer said:

Actually no, I don't think so.  Even if every company went back and redid their DC review, Driveclubs most important timeframe for sales (the first couple weeks) has already been severely negatively impacted.  That will never change, and no company would ever...ever, WANT to have what happened to Driveclub, happen to their IP (new or established).

Do you sincerely believe that Devs would be psyched to release a game that broken, watch their studio and work get dragged through the mud for months upon months, and then 19 months later, when everything's finally up and running as it should, reviews are updated?  I'm not sure that's logical.

What happened to DC was unfortunate, but necessary.  The SP worked out of the box, but the MP was FUBAR.  I won't say half of the game was non-functional, but certainly one of the pivotal features (social interaction/challenges/mp etc..) was.  So, it's scores were severely impacted as a result, that and word of mouth impacted sales greatly.  Now that the game is functioning, reviews could be updated, AND they'd still make less, due to the game already being discounted.