By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. Supreme Court Votes Gay Marriage Constitutional and Legal

Good news. A small step in the right direction for the US on the world stage, when it comes to soft power. A new feather in their democracy cap. Its a great internal step, even if it will not help in any way on an international scale.

To bad that they are still destroying millions of lives on a global scale with their warmongering and their support of absolutely disgusting dictatorships. And also lets not forget that just because gay marriage i now legal it doesn't mean that homophobia will not remain a prevalent issue.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome this news, mainly because I personally believe that this is how it should be, and I also know people who will be better off because of this, but it is still a small positive step for a nation that mostly saw moral degradation in the last half century.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
Good news. A small step in the right direction for the US on the world stage, when it comes to soft power. A new feather in their democracy cap. Its a great internal step, even if it will not help in any way on an international scale.

To bad that they are still destroying millions of lives on a global scale with their warmongering and their support of absolutely disgusting dictatorships. And also lets not forget that just because gay marriage i now legal it doesn't mean that homophobia will not remain a prevalent issue.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome this news, mainly because I personally believe that this is how it should be, and I also know people who will be better off because of this, but it is still a small positive step for a nation that mostly saw moral degradation in the last half century.

Agree with you here, the law changing is just the foundation, people aren't going to be immediately okay with it in the population but still hopefully in 10-20 years down the line seeing a happily married gay couple will be the status quo and will no longer be refered to as having been "gay married" or even being a "married gay couple" just another happy family who got married. Well hopefully anyway, a lot of people (including the pastor who is willing to commit the mortal sin of suicide because of gays, I mean... he knows that means he is going to hell right?) will need to die before hate towards LGBT goes away fully

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

xenogears1234 said:
reggin_bolas said:
A sad day for the remaining Christian acolytes in the world and indeed a sad day for those who believe in sanctity of family.

Congratulations, America you're inches closer to outright criminalizing the practice of religion.

I didnt know we had a member of the westboro baptist church in our midst lol.

So you haven't been folowing Reggin's magnum opus of intolerance and prejudice?

Congratulations LGBT community. As a more liberal black man i'll always support the LGBT community and any other community who is being discriminated against.

DolPhanTendo said:
zorg1000 said:

You originally said this was a horrible decision because it's what your religion tells you, what if that's not my religion? Why should I or others have to follow rules of your religion? Isn't that forcing your religion upon us?

Guy says he doesn't want to fight and respects an opinion but the same isn't returned and I'm seeing this a lot. Funny how people claim to be understanding because of the PC thing to do can't do the same with people like me or retrogamer. 

Double standards are huge on this subject of people who are pro federal government forcing opinions as laws

NEXT UP IN MY FORMER UNITED STATES GUN BANS

Who's fighting? I'm not attacking his POV, I'm asking him questions. If he didn't want to discuss than he shouldn't have posted to begin with.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Brii said:
Delighted by this news.

Disappointed with the hatefulness that continues to surround it. I can't fathom why anyone would be to upset with two consenting adults wanting to dedicate their lives to each other, in no way impacting anyone else's life in the process. I guess they feel their archaic personal beliefs are more important than the ability to pursue happiness for others. It's all well and good when they get the perks and privileges, though.

It's pretty easy to fathom...

1.  Anal sex is ickie.

2.  People who are different from me are bad.

3.  Butt sex makes baby Jesus cry.

Why are you having butt sex, or well any kind of sex with a baby! 

Babies can't conccent.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Burek said:
xenogears1234 said:

I didnt know we had a member of the westboro baptist church in our midst lol.

This is exactly why Christianity will soon be de facto outlawed in the US.

BMaker11 said:
Zappykins said:
No Earthquake, Volcanoes or other waves of disaster to report from this side of the USA!

Great news - one big step for the USA, and another step forward for all humankind.

Got a text from my roommate earlier today of a pic of a funnel cloud in a nearby city to our house. He told me this before I had heard about the ruling.

I then saw the ruling and put two and two together. His text said "this was in the air 30 minutes ago", and I shit you not, the timing of that "30 minutes ago" was about 5 minutes after the ruling was made.

Just sayin.

Oh, Oh, maybe it is the end of the world! 

This is happening right outside of Los Angeles!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

reggin_bolas said:
Burek said:

This is exactly why Christianity will soon be de facto outlawed in the US.

Most Christians, just like most people of any other or no religion at all are actually very tolerant and compassionate.

Some are not. But their intolerance, prejudice, narrowmindedness should never be outlawed. Best we can hope for them to be ridiculed and ostracized for it, and use them as an example of how a human being should not behave when we educate our children.

Great news! Welcome to the 21st century.