By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S. Supreme Court Votes Gay Marriage Constitutional and Legal

o_O.Q said:
Esiar said:

You should look into the era thing. That thing was debunked. But it has nothing to do with gay marriage, so discussing it here would be off-topic.

nope i'm pretty sure it means age

what you have to acknowledge first though is that the bible to a large degree is based on astrological alegories

Era/age, same thing for me. But, I know I saw something that debunked it.

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Retrogamer7 said:
I'm not going to fight against 500 people on here because of my beliefs. If you believe in gay marriage, that is your decision. However, I will not betray God or my beliefs even if I'm the last person on Earth that respects our creator. I don't hate gays, or anyone, but I must obey His commands. His words against homosexuality are clear enough.

You originally said this was a horrible decision because it's what your religion tells you, what if that's not my religion? Why should I or others have to follow rules of your religion? Isn't that forcing your religion upon us?

Guy says he doesn't want to fight and respects an opinion but the same isn't returned and I'm seeing this a lot. Funny how people claim to be understanding because of the PC thing to do can't do the same with people like me or retrogamer. 

Double standards are huge on this subject of people who are pro federal government forcing opinions as laws

NEXT UP IN MY FORMER UNITED STATES GUN BANS

Normchacho said:
DolPhanTendo said:

I'm not talking just government buildings I'm not places of private businesses or houses or a person merely saying Merry Christmas

Those are two very different things. Everyone has the legal right to display religous text in a private business or home, and there is no such law against saying Merry Christmas.  You don't however have the right to keep people from being upset about it. Just like is somebody wanted to hang a Soviet flag from their house, people would be pissed, but it would be their legal right to do so.

I guess you missed the UC- Santa Barbra news about banning all American flags because it offended a few. Lucky the PEOPLE stood up and they later repelled the ban. 

Yes that is Government institution banning something

Question for you DolPhanTendo.

What, if anything, do you have against gay men and women getting married?

DolPhanTendo said:
zorg1000 said:

You originally said this was a horrible decision because it's what your religion tells you, what if that's not my religion? Why should I or others have to follow rules of your religion? Isn't that forcing your religion upon us?

Guy says he doesn't want to fight and respects an opinion but the same isn't returned and I'm seeing this a lot. Funny how people claim to be understanding because of the PC thing to do can't do the same with people like me or retrogamer. 

Double standards are huge on this subject of people who are pro federal government forcing opinions as laws

It's the true meaning of being a bigot.

I have noticed a lot of holier than thou opinions on the internet on these subjects with anyone voicing a different view being steam rollered with supposed "liberal" opinion.

People don't have to like something to accept it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
zorg1000 said:

NEXT UP IN MY FORMER UNITED STATES GUN BANS

The Christian understanding makes up 80% of the US and nearly a little over 1/6 of the worlds population. The people who intellectually live outside of your understanding are actually in the minority.....not in the majority of thought.

The US wont ban guns anytime soon. Its a constitutional right and last time I checked the Supreme court ruled that constitutional equality was a right of gays to be married.

A sad day for the remaining Christian acolytes in the world and indeed a sad day for those who believe in sanctity of family.

Congratulations, America you're inches closer to outright criminalizing the practice of religion.

reggin_bolas said:
A sad day for the remaining Christian acolytes in the world and indeed a sad day for those who believe in sanctity of family.

Congratulations, America you're inches closer to outright criminalizing the practice of religion.

Why are Christians so egotistical? This has nothing to do with you.  Thats the reason why people who are in minority of thought and or lack of religion tend to fear you. You try to overwhelm people and act like you're the victim when you're actually the mass populace.

Marriage is an cultural/economical institution that has been going on before mass religion.

reggin_bolas said:

Called it. Welcome to the thread we have reserved your place.

I hope everyone enjoys the next 50 pages of dogmatic posting.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

reggin_bolas said:

I didnt know we had a member of the westboro baptist church in our midst lol.