By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: We are prioritizing satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U

JEMC said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:
97alexk said:

awful games that no one wants? i seriously dont think nintendo would do that after the negative feedback from metroid prime federation force. Is there a single nintendo developed Wii U game that that has come out, that is not good? i cant think of any, and even the third party devs like platinum with bayonetta 2 was amazing, a amazing Wii U line-up will only be strengthened. Also just from zelda U and SMT X fire emblem for the Wii U, that alone already looks really good

The Metroid Federadion Force is a good example because with Nintendo refusing to reveal games years before its launch (a rule that they don't have problems to forget when they want, as Xenoblade X, SMTvsFE or Zelda proves), we don't know if or how many games like that Federation Force are in the works right now.

As for bad WiiU games, well, right off rom my head there's "U Sing" or something like that. But the biggest problem is not if the games are good or bad, the problem is if we want those games or not. We didn't want that Metroid 3DS game (a sidescrolled game like SuperMetroid or even a remake of it would have been received with joy), no one asked for an Amiibo Animal Crossing game, some asked for a Mario Strikers game but were given a Tenis game, StarFox is a demanded game but certainly not with those graphics, etc.

It's not the quality of those games, it's the number of games and who will buy them. Besides Xenoblade, there's not a single E3 game shown or revealed from Nintendo that I'll buy. And that is sad.

If Super mario maker, fatal frame, star fox zero, SMT x fire emblem, yoshi woolly world, fire emblem fates, triforce heroes dont interest you, then maybe you shouldnt speak as if you were a nintendo fan. Because that includes all the favourite nintendo franchises. Also i think nintendo learned from this E3, reggie even said he knew they werent gonna like it at first, but he trusted next level games to make a still really cool spin-off game. As a metroid fan im still dissapointed, doesnt mean it will be bad. When nintendo delivers, they really do it. And they have delivered all the time until this E3, one E3 isnt gonna change my whole opinion how nintendo makes games. I still beleive there upcoming line-up is strong, and because its zelda and metroid 30th anniversary next year, i believe nintendo has soemthing planned. we will jsut have to wait and see

I should have specified that I was talking about their E3 direct but anyway:

• Fire Emblem Fates and Triforce Heroes_ I don't have a 3DS so no, I don't care about those games.
  • SMT x fire emblem_ Never played a SMT game and from what I've seen, I don't care about this game.
  • StarFox Zero_ I'll give it the same effort Nintendo has put in the game. I'll may get it when it's sub 20 €.
  • Yoshi Woolly World_ It looks very cute and pretty, but it could be like a bag of candy. At first it's great but once you are halfway it the fun wears off and when you reach the end, you hate yourself for going through it.
  • Fatal Frame_ I don't even know when they'll bother to launch the game here in Europe.
  • Super Mario Maker_looks great and I'm interested on it. But I'll wait for reviews to learn more about it before deciding whether getting it or not.

And for you to know, I plan to get Art Academy Atelier that launched today but Nintendo decided to not show it.

Oh, and I'm not a Nintendo fan. I just like some Nintendo games like their Mario platformers, regular Zelda games or proper Metroid games.

well if you are not a nintendo fan, our discussion is over

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
haqqaton said:

They said some time ago that NX would "absorb" Wii U architecture but now Iwata says it will start from 0 - and we don't even know what he means by "absorb". 

Honestly, I have no idea. I'm just hoping for good news.

The "start by 0" statement means that NX will start with 0 users, while 3DS has an installbase of 52millions and Wii U around 10 millions. It doesn't have anything to do with archs.

:O !!!

I think you're right. I totally misread it.

Thanks.

97alexk said:

JEMC said:

**blah, blah, blah**

Oh, and I'm not a Nintendo fan. I just like some Nintendo games like their Mario platformers, regular Zelda games or proper Metroid games.

well if you are not a nintendo fan, our discussion is over

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take that, but I don't care.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Can totally see it at E3 2016

"And for Wii U ... don't think we've forgotten about you. I know you have waited a long time for this, so lets show it to you ... I give you Metroid Prime (beat) 3-On-3 Space Basketball! With special cameo appearance by Kobe Bryant!"

Of course you are.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

So, are they abandoning supporting 3DS after NX?
So, is NX an hybrid confirmed?

BlkPaladin said:
sc94597 said:
Why can't people get it in their heads that just because 2016 games were not shown at E3 that doesn't mean there aren't 2016 Wii U games. Nintendo made it clear that they were only going to show early 2016 games at the latest. They can announce plenty of titles in regular directs, like they had in the past.

It was the same last year that this winter will have no games because Nitnendo didn't show anything at E3 2014 for it and now there are 15 games, just for the Wii U, in the four month holiday season. I just started to ignore it when people complain about that.

Thought the games they may fill the last year with will probally be overlooked because I think they are going to "budget title" which are "easier" to make, and try to fill in some of the space with their third party collabroations they are talking, but not talking about.

They could have thought that the games they announced would be at least partially released before the end of the year. No one expected a 5 or 6 month drought. Actually, I take that last statement back. With Nintendo, that's a given.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

JEMC said:
97alexk said:
JEMC said:
There are so many things that can be said, and so few of them are positive.

I only see positive things, i hope iwata is a man of his word, if he is , we will be satisfied

I was talking about the "We are prioritizing satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U" line. A new Mario Tennis and an Amiibo Animal Crossing game is not what I would call prioritizing our satisfaction.

Also, after the disaster that was the launch of the 3DS, Iwata said that they had learned the lesson: not launching their an overpriced console without games. Judging by what happened with WiiU, he was either lying, he thought that lesson applyed only to handhelds, not home console or he simply doesn't know what he's doing.

Make yourself a favor and don't put much hope on Iwata.

lol what about fatal frame 5, devil's third, yoshi's wooly world, star fox, xenoblade x, mario maker, smt x fire emblem and zelda + unannounced games?

as bad as an idea as it was, at least nintendo specified the games shown at E3 were all 2015 and early 2016 titles. It's really stupid to assume there won't be more 2016 titles just because they weren't announced at E3.

spurgeonryan said:
They need to keep the NX secret? Bwahaha! They never make anything that others cannot and will most likely duplicate. Their secrets are pointless, especially when the secrets turn out to be lame.

haters gonna hate.

Vodacixi said:

Of course. That's why 2016 has no games confirmed at all besides SMT X FE and Zelda, which is not even confirmed to be released that year.

Well, typically Nintendo doesn't announce games way ahead of time. Not that I think they have a ton in the works for the Wii U. I'm thinking more games like Bayonetta or Devils Thirds are in the works. I think Nintendo is going to publish games like that to fill out the Wii U's lineup until the NX is ready.