By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub PS+ edition is some bs.

And 19 months late.

Around the Network

Finally?

Well, can't argue with free but the story about the ps+-edition is definitely strange... Btw, how do people who actually enjoy this game feel about the ai? Is there still rubberbanding like in the e3 demo?

twintail said:

What is astounding id that you are trying to flip the OP's rather obviously misinformed opinion into a completetly different topic.

OP is wrong. in pretty much everything he has said. Deal with it.

Clearly he's wrong. That's not my issue here. My issue here is that the Sony Defense Task Force hopped right on him and anybody else who wants to discuss the fact that Sony screwed up with this game in almost every way. I don't care that he's wrong, that's fine. People can be wrong and stupid about it. But right away while skimming the replies all I saw was this hyperdefensive vitriol to anything said about the quality of the PS+ edition or the game as a whole. Like the 1.5 years we waited for it because servers, and the $75 or so some fans may have paid while waiting for the free version that was so hyped up before launch as a must-have PS4/+ title. God forbid people are disappointed (after experiencing the game to a good extent, AKA not OP) when this and the full game were supposed to be much more according to everybody and everything. All the PS+ version's launch does for me, personally, is remind me about how horribly this whole thing was managed. And seeing this rabid defense of such an indefensible series of mistakes is just mindblowing. 

Your attitude in your response pretty much proves my point on the last sentence.   

Protendo said:
DivinePaladin said:
The amount of Sony defense here is astounding. Like, Nintendo fans get nothing but crap for running to defend their master, but holy mother of God you guys are not doing Sony a favor by defending them. 

If the kid's wrong, just say that. Don't go on some tirade justifying every single decision that went into this game, especially not when the full game was a total mess at launch leading to such a long delay for the PS+ version with very little incentive. This was supposed to be a big reason to get PS+ and a PS4, remember. I'm all for logic and sound defenses, but this thread is too far gone.

He didn't unlock the cars, then complains there are none...

What do you expect?

I didn't expect the "You need to pay for PS+ so it's not free, but then nothing's free because electricity costs money" cop-out or anything close to that kind of nonsense. The fact of the matter is, Driveclub was advertised early on and up until launch by fans and Sony alike as a major player in why PS+ was not only a must, but also the definitive subscription service. Once the full game launched fans immediately shifted gear over to hoping PS+ edition would still be as good as hoped. And from what it sounds (not from OP's opinion, just in general) the PS+ edition failed to deliver just as much as the full game did. Which is a shame, I really hoped for racing fans that it'd be the game to hold the genre until GT7 for PS fans. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
twintail said:

What do you expect?

I didn't expect the "You need to pay for PS+ so it's not free, but then nothing's free because electricity costs money" cop-out or anything close to that kind of nonsense. The fact of the matter is, Driveclub was advertised early on and up until launch by fans and Sony alike as a major player in why PS+ was not only a must, but also the definitive subscription service. Once the full game launched fans immediately shifted gear over to hoping PS+ edition would still be as good as hoped. And from what it sounds (not from OP's opinion, just in general) the PS+ edition failed to deliver just as much as the full game did. Which is a shame, I really hoped for racing fans that it'd be the game to hold the genre until GT7 for PS fans. 

Goal post moved.

How can it be free and a rip off?

Around the Network

No full set of numbers since 4th April and now we aren't even locking troll threads based on complete lies .What's this site coming to ?Does anyone care anymore? !

This thread..... lol.

DivinePaladin said:
twintail said:

What do you expect?

The fact is the cop out has you call it didn't happen in reply to the Op it was in reply to you and yes we all know about the cock up that occured at release , we saw the countless threads and front page news about it ad infinitum , but that is in the past just like the games problems, no one defended the game because this thread was about the lack of cars in the ps + edition and he was obviously wrong ,did you notice he didn't reply to his own thread .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Deleted post due to ridiculous and obtuse OP. 

kowenicki said:
It is free... but then Sony promised a little more than this and made quite a big deal of it. I'm surprised people havent already moved on.

Blame Sony not evolution studios.

15 cars 8 tracks (+5 reverse) not enough ? Forza 5 had 14 tracks on Launch.