By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub PS+ edition is some bs.

jlmurph2 said:
I see many people saying this is free, which isn't true.

While it would be nice if they gave that edition out to all PS4 owners, its for the people who PAY for PS+. I think he's allowed to be disappointed in something that he's paying for. But I do suggest going deeper into it before judging it.

vivster said:
Tachikoma said:

This just in folks, free is a ripoff!

You seem to be new here. PS+ isn't free. You have to pay lots of money to keep it running and you will LOSE all your games once you refuse to pay the Sony execs anymore. It's a ripoff renting maffia like "service".

While it does indeed cost money to access and play DriveClub PS+ edition, the titles release isn't taking up the spot of any other title normally added to PS+ instant game collection, of course you could rightly argue that because you need to subscribe to ps+ to access it, it cannot be free but then i'd ask, is anything digital-download related truly free considering you need to spend the money on an internet connection and electricity, as well as the supporting hardware to obtain it too.

Additionally, if you have never actually signed up to ps+ before, you could always use the free 14 day trial and access the game during that timeframe too.

Around the Network

The amount of Sony defense here is astounding. Like, Nintendo fans get nothing but crap for running to defend their master, but holy mother of God you guys are not doing Sony a favor by defending them.

If the kid's wrong, just say that. Don't go on some tirade justifying every single decision that went into this game, especially not when the full game was a total mess at launch leading to such a long delay for the PS+ version with very little incentive. This was supposed to be a big reason to get PS+ and a PS4, remember. I'm all for logic and sound defenses, but this thread is too far gone.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
The amount of Sony defense here is astounding. Like, Nintendo fans get nothing but crap for running to defend their master, but holy mother of God you guys are not doing Sony a favor by defending them.

If the kid's wrong, just say that. Don't go on some tirade justifying every single decision that went into this game, especially not when the full game was a total mess at launch leading to such a long delay for the PS+ version with very little incentive. This was supposed to be a big reason to get PS+ and a PS4, remember. I'm all for logic and sound defenses, but this thread is too far gone.

He didn't unlock the cars, then complains there are none...

What do you expect?

How is it a ripoff when you're just playing a demo, basically? A free demo exclusive to PS+? You didn't really pay for anything. Unless of course you bought your Ps plus subscription solely for this demo which is quite..questionable at the least.

Tachikoma said:
jlmurph2 said:
I see many people saying this is free, which isn't true.

While it would be nice if they gave that edition out to all PS4 owners, its for the people who PAY for PS+. I think he's allowed to be disappointed in something that he's paying for. But I do suggest going deeper into it before judging it.

vivster said:
Tachikoma said:

You seem to be new here. PS+ isn't free. You have to pay lots of money to keep it running and you will LOSE all your games once you refuse to pay the Sony execs anymore. It's a ripoff renting maffia like "service".

While it does indeed cost money to access and play DriveClub PS+ edition, the titles release isn't taking up the spot of any other title normally added to PS+ instant game collection, of course you could rightly argue that because you need to subscribe to ps+ to access it, it cannot be free but then i'd ask, is anything digital-download related truly free considering you need to spend the money on an internet connection and electricity, as well as the supporting hardware to obtain it too.

Additionally, if you have never actually signed up to ps+ before, you could always use the free 14 day trial and access the game during that timeframe too.

If he's paying for a service he should be able to complain about what's on that service. This is nothing like paying for internet. You can complain to your internet provider when the internet is slower but you can't complain to them when a guy on VGChartz is bullying you. Because their purpose is to provide internet. The purpose of PS+ on PS4 is to let you play multiplayer and to provide games that they have chosen to give you. If a game that they have chosen to give you isn't up to your standards why is it bad to call out the service?

But, like I said. He should go deeper before judging. Because he's obviously misinformed.

Around the Network

There is free dlc

vivster said:
Tachikoma said:

You dont lose your games if you arent paying anymore you just cant start them or redownloading them until you have PS+ again.

jlmurph2 said:

If he's paying for a service he should be able to complain about what's on that service. This is nothing like paying for internet. You can complain to your internet provider when the internet is slower but you can't complain to them when a guy on VGChartz is bullying you. Because their purpose is to provide internet. The purpose of PS+ on PS4 is to let you play multiplayer and to provide games that they have chosen to give you. If a game that they have chosen to give you isn't up to your standards why is it bad to call out the service?

But, like I said. He should go deeper before judging. Because he's obviously misinformed.

ive nothing against complaining about the game itself, if the complains are actually factual and not down to being misinformed, i would have nothing against him arguing that ps+ is a ripoff, but calling a specific title added to a service you were already paying for, without additional charge, "ripoff" just doesnt seem to make sense to me.

It would be the same if Microsoft randomly added an additional game to games with gold one month, even if it was the worst game ever made, its not really a ripoff, its simply "not to your liking"

Anyway, what I think op meant to say was "what a let-down" but even then as you say, its more dictated by his assumption that there are only two cars, which is wrong.

Tachikoma said:

jlmurph2 said:

Ruler said:

You dont lose your games if you arent paying anymore you just cant start them or redownloading them until you have PS+ again.

I am sorely disappointed in you all. I'd recommend you to take your sarcasm detectors to th next workshop because it's obviously broken. For god's sake I mentioned the mafia in my post...

For the record, I use PS+ for several years now and have amassed an unholy amount of free games. My subscription is still valid for more than two years and I have no plans to end it. Really, there is nothing bad to say about the service. It's optional and if you do use it, has some really nice goodies.

People complain about the subscription fees for PSNow. If it was the same model as PS+ where you have one yearly fee and can play all the games of a cumulatively growing selection, Sony would lose a ton of money because the model is just that good for consumers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

lol trollolololl if you intrested about the Drive club and you watch how the game complete change from october you probably buy it because is on lower price Also no one say the plus editions was full they say 10 cars and one world definatly is not 2 cars
Now for me plus edition is useles because you can find the game on low price but is good people see how is (dat graphics dat racing gameplay dat cars) lol

- User was moderated for this post - Tachikoma