By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub PS+ edition is some bs.

ps3-sales! said:

I honestly cannot believe this shit. So finished with Evolution studios. 

There's only 2 cars that aren't locked for a race in trying to play. Every other car (about 60) say I must purchase or buy the full game. 

What a joke. I can at with a mini Cooper or some Mercedes van. 

I'm not even a big racing fan but this game blows. And what a ripoff. 

After all the crap the release went through they should release the game for free on PS+  

How the hell can something FREE be a rip off, you have no logic there.

And only bs is your post.  In the free the FREE PS+ DC.  There are (15 cars FREE) like really really Free not fake free.

Cars:

Hot Hatch

• Mini John Cooper Works GP
  • Volkswagen Golf GTI
  • Audi A1 Quattro

Sports

• Mercedes Benz A 45 AMG
  • Bentley Continental GTV8
  • Lotus Evora S Sports Racer

Performance

• BMW M3 GTS
  • Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale
  • Alfa Romeo 4C

Super

• BAC Mono
  • Audi R8 V10 Coupé Plus
  • Marussia B2

Hyper

• Pagani Zonda R
  • RUF CTR3 Clubsport
  • Koenigsegg Agera R

Around the Network
torok said:
ps3-sales! said:

After all the crap the release went through they should release the game for free on PS+  

So you think that the correct thing to do would be release the entire game for free and screw people that, like me, bought the game at full price so they can make people that didn't paid for the game feel happy?

I would also like Arkham Knight and Bloodborne for free, please. I don't have this games yet.

Driveclub is that cheap nowadays that it wouldn't matter If the base game was released for free. They'd make more money off the dlcHonestly you payed full price at launch, I payed $12 (second hand I'll admit, but there are copies everywhere) a few days ago. Do you feel screwed?

LudicrousSpeed said:
It's nowhere near the PS+ edition Evolution/Sony originally said they would offer, but at least it's free.

How is this game a "fraction of what PS+ version was originally said to be"?

I cannot find a source to backup your claim.  Maybe you could provide one.  

ps3-sales! said:

I honestly cannot believe this shit. So finished with Evolution studios. 

There's only 2 cars that aren't locked for a race in trying to play. Every other car (about 60) say I must purchase or buy the full game. 

What a joke. I can at with a mini Cooper or some Mercedes van. 

Wait, a free partial game is a ripoff? What do you want, for Sony to pay you to use the PS+ version? Unless you subscribed to PSN+ for and only for this free edition of the gamethere is literally nothing to complain about. It's basically a demo with online play. Look at it as that and nothing more. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Awful thread...didn't even bother to play the game before complaining...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:

This just in folks, free is a ripoff!

torok said:
ps3-sales! said:

So you think that the correct thing to do would be release the entire game for free and screw people that, like me, bought the game at full price so they can make people that didn't paid for the game feel happy?

I would also like Arkham Knight and Bloodborne for free, please. I don't have this games yet.

Isn't that how PS+ woks?

Pretty sure at some point we will have the full version of DC, BB and AK for free on PS+.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Tachikoma said:
ps3-sales! said:

This just in folks, free is a ripoff!

You seem to be new here. PS+ isn't free. You have to pay lots of money to keep it running and you will LOSE all your games once you refuse to pay the Sony execs anymore. It's a ripoff renting maffia like "service".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

They give us cars we have to unlock? How is this free? They expect us to actually PLAY the game? That's like work! What a ripoff!

I can't believe i paid no money for that!

Edit:

On a less serious note, i noticed that there are no "It's not free if you pay for the service" comments any more.

...i guess opinions change when you are on the same business model

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I see many people saying this is free, which isn't true.

While it would be nice if they gave that edition out to all PS4 owners, its for the people who PAY for PS+. I think he's allowed to be disappointed in something that he's paying for. But I do suggest going deeper into it before judging it.