By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Death sentence. Yes or no?

Tagged games:

Lafiel said:
Lawlight said:
Normchacho said:

Once again, the death penalty is more expensive than life in prison...

No one is going to make me believe that giving someone a shot  (syringe not bullet) is more expensive than feeding paying for someone's food, clothes, hygienic products, etc.. for 30-40 years.

death sentences have to be held to a higher standard than life on parole, that's why everything has to be reviewed much more closely which results in much more court time -> much higher legal fees, usually payed by the tax payer

That's only because the justice system is broken. A swift injection - that's all that's needed once a person has been proven to be guilty beyond doubt.

Around the Network

For it and for a wider range of crimes prisons are far to expensive to run and a 9mm in the back of the head is cheap. Hell with another 2.8 billion+ people coming over the next 85 years a Judge Dredd future is guaranteed.

Also fuck deterence the death penalty makes it a certainty that a criminal can never commit a crime again especially with how many get out whether by parole or escape to offend again.

It is very easy NOT to commit murder, terrorism, rape, sexually assault a child, kidnapping etc.  So why shouldn't we get rid of scum. 

I'm always amazed about the ridiculously simple view of the World some People have...

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Aeolus451 said:
mofili said:

He probably does understand the concept of that but justified killing/murder has absolutely zero to do with murdering someone as punishment

It has everything to do with it. Some see killing a molester for the crimes that he or she did is justice. It's not only logical to execute someone for their serious crimes but also morally justified. 

Option 1. Society pays for the room and board of killers, raptists and molesters for life. Sometimes we release them and they do it again.

Option 2. We execute them and bury them in unmarked mass graves then plant a rose garden on them. They stop being a burden to society.

Wow it´s really disgusting how some of you people think

if they deserve it then yes. if its murder or rape and their is undeniable evidence then they deserve to die.

Around the Network

well it's probably cheaper, but that's the only positive I can find versus tons of reasons that speak against it.

bananaking21 said:
if they deserve it then yes. if its murder or rape and their is undeniable evidence then they deserve to die.

So you are for that people who commit murder should die, but I assume you are against the death sentence because undeniable evidence will never be possible, only "beyond reasonable doubt" which has shown to be the cause of numerous innocent people being murdered by the state.

I believe in an 'eye for an eye' and that the punishment should fit the crime. But its not as straight forward as that either.

The short version, is yes I do believe there should be a death penalty. But with caveats, primarily that there should be NO shadow of a doubt of the crime they are accused of committing. Needs to be hard evidence.

I will also go a step further though, if a person goes into the street and stabs someone 30 times till death (and its proven beyond a shadow of a doubt) that person should be strapped to a chair and stabbed 30 times till dead himself. Being killed by lethal injection is not to me a punishment that fits said crime. Why should he get to have a nice peaceful death without the pain and suffering he/she caused to others?

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Barozi said:

well it's probably cheaper, but that's the only positive I can find versus tons of reasons that speak against it.

It's not, at least in the US where there's pesky things like "appeals" and "due process".  Don't know about other countries that still have it, but I imagine most aren't quite so concerned with prisoner rights.

Ka-pi96 said:
For it. There are just some people this world is better off without them in it. I'd much rather see dangerous violent criminals like this be killed rather than released in 30 years after their 'life' sentence ends.

Plus most criminals get released much earlier than their sentence for good behaviour. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54