By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Death sentence. Yes or no?

Tagged games:

I'm all for the death sentence ...

People will understand my point of view when you see that a good portion of the criminals are repeat offenders ...

I want tighter leaches for wrongdoers ...

Around the Network
NoGenlefBhind said:
sundin, you can keep trying to tell me different, but both you and ACE have either conventional, religious held beliefs or spiritually held beliefs that color your opinion on the death penalty. You know it, he knows it, and I know it.
You both think we, as individuals, have a soul.
Both of you do.
Did you take the time to read my post about Shasta Groene?
You believe that man should be kept alive??

you know what, better still.. don't.
this is all rather pointless.
we disagree and none of us are actually 'right'
far too often people treat message boards as a 'mental weight room' where no one wants to admit what exercises they can't do.
both you guys take care. enjoy the games.

In the post that you used "proving" Ace was spiritual he outwardly demonstrated that he disagrees with the concept of a soul.

As for my religious beliefs, as I have stated, they play no part whatsoever in my arguments and overall, I see them as irrelevant to the discussion. If your only argument centers around a hypothetical religious belief then your argument is weaker than I imagined.

As for your example with the individual, its not so much that "I believe he should be kept alive" but instead "I believe that there is no benefit in killing him". I have stated throughout this thread a whole host of reasons why I am opposed to the death penalty and of course, they still apply here.

fatslob-:O said:

I'm all for the death sentence ...

People will understand my point of view when you see that a good portion of the criminals are repeat offenders ...

I want tighter leaches for wrongdoers ...

From the data I have seen, even without an intrinsic focus on rehabilitation, the recidivism rate of murderers is around 0.81%

NoGenlefBhind said:

ACE, here's a post of yours from 2013 where you talk about 'our souls':

This guy has issues. This guy thinks science states that the universe is perfect when in fact its the Bible that states that people's souls become perfect when they reach heaven. Where in any study of science does it explain the universe as being perfect and why does this guy keep mentioning that science says so? Entropy dictates chaos with no creater/controller, rather reaction. Entropy is a scientific study.
Then this guy starts talking about our souls as if there is an official scientific field that has ever found a soul. The soul according to science doesn't actually exist. How we think and feel and make decisions can all be explained in other scientific means.
There's so much I want to say and I wish I could talk to this fact/word-spinner in real life and just call out his fake ass. I would own this guy in a real discussion.

What you wrote more than contradicts your statement about not having a spiritual side, which in essence is no different than our species more conventional religious beliefs.
You said 'our souls', your words, those are your words ACE, whereas if what you're trying to tell me above were actually true, you would have disassociated yourself and said 'the soul'
I know this contingent on semantics, but either way, stop lying to me because I'm smart enough to catch you doing it.
You believe we have a soul, therefore you have a spiritually based belief to help explain our existence and that belief is a component of your viewpoint on the death penalty.
Exactly like I've already explained to you.

...I can't even...LOL!!! I clearly state in that paragraph that their is no scientific proof that a soul even exists. How did you miss that??? I clearly don't believe that we have a soul, lol, there's simply no proof of it. Keep digging though, this is good. Please!

Edit - But seriously, NoGenlefBhind was clearly pretty good at displaying his opinion and was able to exchange quite well but it just kind of goes to show that even someone who knows what they are talking about can't come up with a logical reason why the death penalty is a good reason other than emotional stipulations.

it's been a few days and I figured I would jump back into this thread and see what you two, sundin/ACE left for me in response.
it's interesting to me that neither one you could manufacture the maturity required to reply to my last post in a like manner.
I ceded my side of the disagreement, deferring my objections to the stark reality that none of us are actually right and it remains a pointless exercise continuing. I even paid respect to both of you by ending it on a positive, friendly note, wishing you both well and reminding you to enjoy the reason we're all here; games.
That neither one of you could could respond similarly and chose instead to use my bowing out as an opportunity to make me look foolish and vainly, condescendingly attempt to reassert your control of the disagreement by getting that 'last word' sorta demonstrates what kind of blindly argumentative fools I was in the ring with.
It also shows, unequivocally how much I got under your skin.
A bigger person would have taken a few parting shots, as I did, but ended it with the same modicum of respect towards me as I showed you.
None of what any of us said or how we posed for the inspection of others really means anything, what really matters is how we treat each other at the end of it... and you sadly both failed at that.
That purposeful, willful disregard of the person you're disagreeing with undoubtedly proves you both have room to grow and mature, and if that can be said about the individual you presently are, then it seems logical to assume that your opinions on certain matters also have room to grow and mature.
You'll figure it out. Remember me when you do.

NoGenlefBhind said:
it's been a few days and I figured I would jump back into this thread and see what you two, sundin/ACE left for me in response.
it's interesting to me that neither one you could manufacture the maturity required to reply to my last post in a like manner.
I ceded my side of the disagreement, deferring my objections to the stark reality that none of us are actually right and it remains a pointless exercise continuing. I even paid respect to both of you by ending it on a positive, friendly note, wishing you both well and reminding you to enjoy the reason we're all here; games.
That neither one of you could could respond similarly and chose instead to use my bowing out as an opportunity to make me look foolish and vainly, condescendingly attempt to reassert your control of the disagreement by getting that 'last word' sorta demonstrates what kind of blindly argumentative fools I was in the ring with.
It also shows, unequivocally how much I got under your skin.
A bigger person would have taken a few parting shots, as I did, but ended it with the same modicum of respect towards me as I showed you.
None of what any of us said or how we posed for the inspection of others really means anything, what really matters is how we treat each other at the end of it... and you sadly both failed at that.
That purposeful, willful disregard of the person you're disagreeing with undoubtedly proves you both have room to grow and mature, and if that can be said about the individual you presently are, then it seems logical to assume that your opinions on certain matters also have room to grow and mature.
You'll figure it out. Remember me when you do.

Thank you, sir! You are so wise and so much more developed than I. One day I will be a great success and that success will all be attributed to you. You helped me grow so much with your words of wisdom I am now a self empowering and mature human being. Again, I thank you sir.

PS - I just realized I'm religious. For the third time, thank you for helping me realize my true virtuous foundation in which I aim to bask in. It has been an honor to exchange with you.