By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Death sentence. Yes or no?

Tagged games:

Ok.. you think it's morally wrong. Sure you do. well then answer my question. 
If you were given the chance to go back and kill Adolph Hitler before WWII began.. would you?

or how about the 3 men who flew the planes into the trade towers?

or your pick of any of the individuals who've opened fire at a school and killed innocent people?

would you take any of those lives to protect the lives of others?

Around the Network

Death is to good for criminals.

Keep them locked up, no visitors, and give them crappy tasteless food, and no sunlight. Don't even let them know the date and time.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
NoGenlefBhind said:

If you were given the chance to go back and kill Adolph Hitler before WWII began.. would you?

lol, which leads me to my point. I wouldn't have to kill Hitler to stop him from starting WWII. You see, the reason I don't condone the death penalty is because of the nature of that persons death. If someone was about to murder me or someone close to me then that person would be forcing my hand meaning I would be protecting myself. When someone on death row is as secluded as they are then what is the purpose of death row other than peace of mind? I'm not ignoring the possibilities of escape and I fullwell admit that the confinement that these men/women are put in could use some more security or methods in which escaping isn't even an option. These things, their life, is not something I'm willing to change my values for.

You can give me all the scenario's you want, I'm talking about moral standards on the practices of people who are no longer able to commit murder due to their confinement. What does Hitler have to do with this?

NoGenlefBhind said:

or how about the 3 men who flew the planes into the trade towers?

or your pick of any of the individuals who've opened fire at a school and killed innocent people?

would you take any of those lives to protect the lives of others?

OK, let's stick to the topic. We are talking about the death penalty as in people who are on death row. What's the point of giving people options with one possible outcome just to fit your agenda? This is nothing but a fallacious attempt to be right.

kinda figured you'd completely avoid answering the question there Ace, typical.
I think we're done here.
Peace brother.

Around the Network
NoGenlefBhind said:

the most annoying thing about questions like this are the answers that people give when you just know they didn't really think their answer through.
the problem is that it's an objective type question and most of the people that are anti-death penalty answer it in a like manner, they answer it objectively, from a distance, with no personal involvement beyond the hastily sketched ideals they offer as explanation.
people that are pro-death penalty, like myself, are more able to view the question in subjective terms and answer accordingly.
'what if this happened to my child... what would I want to do to the guilty party'
that's what drives me nuts about questions like this... because too many people let their ideals and lofty aspirations toward the 'meaning of life' interfere with their honesty.
ask any opponent of the death penalty what they would do if given the opportunity to go back and kill Adolph Hitler before the start of WWII.
Nearly all of them, except the fools, would say 'yes, I would kill him'
there goes their argument out the window right there. there's the hypocrisy lying just beneath their previous bullshit answer.
of course that's an extreme example.. but that's exactly how you get to the true nature of someone without all the pretense and hubris complicating what is a perfectly understandable concept:
Life is not a gift.. it is a consequence
Life is not a right... it is an outcome
We are no more 'alive' than the spider that gets stepped on, or the rabid dog that gets put down and within that true context, we have every right to rid ourselves of those whose sole purpose of existing is the grave harm of others.
Every single person, whether they're conscious of it or not, is for the death penalty.. those that would contradict that statement just haven't reached that level of understanding yet, their specific situations have not put that choice before them so, presently, they're still wrapped and tied by the ideals of what they 'think' as opposed to what they would 'do'.
Every single person would kill when necessary.. and that is exactly what the death penalty is.

Only a fool would kill someone as important in history as Adolf Hitler. It'd seriously alter how the world is today, which is why I wouldn't kill him even if I got the chance.

Besides, if I go back in time to kill Hitler due to what he did during WW 2, before WW 2 happened, that would mean WW 2 never happened, which would mean I wouldn't have reason to go back in time to kill him, which... You get the idea, it's a paradox, so I wouldn't kill him!

It is completely immoral and has no place in a civilized society.

The government should never how the power of life over people. Killing someone is taking that life.

When people are 'happy' that someone was executed I think something is wrong with them, and I think it makes society worse.

Plus it is not 100% infallible, and we know innocent people have been executed.

So no, I'm not a fan of Jackie Chan, Chuck Norris or Ahmadinejad any other person that thinks it is ok to take another persons life because you disagree with their point of view or how they chose to treat themselves.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

NoGenlefBhind said:
kinda figured you'd completely avoid answering the question there Ace, typical.
I think we're done here.
Peace brother.

I did answer the question, lol. Avoiding the topic then asking questions that have very little to do with the topic doesn't equate to a good discussion and leads one to believe that you didn't have a very good understanding of what the topic was on hand. Why do so many people fall under this trap, that is typical.

WoodenPints said:

I'm for it. letting them jail out will likely cost more innocent lives and keeping them in jail can cost a lot which could be put into benefiting the general population.

As an European )Dutch' where the death sentence is forbidden for quite soe time I completely agree, why would you want to keep an insane serial killer or psychopatic terrorist alive, just because he is a human.

If another animal so much as touch or is suspected to have hurt another human being it is getting killed, so if some sick bastard kills, torture and rapes multiple humans or children I don´t see a problem, evidence must be hard and cristal clear. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

NoGenlefBhind said:

Every single person would kill when necessary.. and that is exactly what the death penalty is.

It really isn't...

The death penalty is reserved for people after they have been caught and locked away for life. It is not "killing Hitler" (although you ignored option c: Imprison him for life), it is not killing out of self defense, it is not killing during war.

The fact that you say "your argument is objective, my argument is subjective" and you still claim that you are right is quite strange...