By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon had been datamined- Rainmaker online mode complete details revealed, 33 more weapons to be released, 10 maps on disc, and more!

Volterra_90 said:
SuperNova said:
Now that it seems like most content was actually ready at launch, I wonder if they are working on some additional support/DLC/paidDLC to release in August and beyond?
I wish we could get local turf wars but I think the wiiU might not be capable of that. Now they have to build some sort of gyro into their next controller because I love it and the inevitable Splatoon sequel needs to have it, please.

Yes, please. I suck without the gyro controls XDD. I didn't think that there would be such a massive difference to me between gyro and normal controls, but the improvement is massive...

Gyro is like Marmite you either love it or hate!

Around the Network

Is this for real?

amazing!

Switch!!!

Nogamez said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yes, please. I suck without the gyro controls XDD. I didn't think that there would be such a massive difference to me between gyro and normal controls, but the improvement is massive...

Gyro is like Marmite you either love it or hate!

I don't like in the vast majority of the games, but in Splatoon they do wonders.

Teeqoz said:

I could say the same thing about games with DLC et al.  If you want it all at once, then just wait for the inevitable GOTY/legendary/whatever edition. You'll get it for the price of a normal 60$ game, so what's the problem with that?

And no, I couldn't really wait, because it was the only bundle availible, and I was buying it as a gift for my little brother.

I don't care, this conversation and this thread is about Splatoon, not DLC et all.

That's not Splatoon's or Nintendo's fault.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Lafiel said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
33 more weapons!? Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeet!!!!!! Certain reviewers must feel pretty silly now!

why? does it in any way change the status it was reviewed in?

it would be nice if reviewer took the time to update the review later, but even without that it remains "true" for the release phase status

Actually you're right, they should feel silly to begin with as we already knew about these updates.

Why is Splatoon special? There are loads of games that get massive improvements through DLC, patches, and other changes. Critics only get one copy to review and it's what the publishers give them, so I the ones who should feel silly is Nintendo is trying to hide future updates that already exist on the disc.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Actually you're right, they should feel silly to begin with as we already knew about these updates.

Why is Splatoon special? There are loads of games that get massive improvements through DLC, patches, and other changes. Critics only get one copy to review and it's what the publishers give them, so I the ones who should feel silly is Nintendo is trying to hide future updates that already exist on the disc.

Yeah, games that weren't working. Splatoon worked just fine at launch.

DLC is mostly paid, some dlc packs get their own reviews, like the Mario Kart packs.

outlawauron said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Nintendo didn't hide anything, again we already knew about the updates before the game released and before any reviews were made via direct a month prior. Reviewers only have themselves to blame if they failed to take the updates into account.

Einsam_Delphin said:
outlawauron said:

Nintendo didn't hide anything, again we already knew about the updates before the game released and before any reviews were made via direct a month prior. Reviewers only have themselves to blame if they failed to take the updates into account.

The fact that a datamine reveals new information means that information was previously unknown, meaning it was hidden.

Taking updates into account isn't a geniune way of doing this in terms of letting it affect the score. Mentioning that updates are coming is responsible and should be in the review (which usually is the case), but that didn't save Destiny from getting killed for the same reasons as Splatoon (and Destiny worked perfectly at launch).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.