By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Legend of Zelda vs Final Fantasy, wich is the better franchise?

Legend Of Zelda vs Final Fantasy what series is better?

Legend Of Zelda 561 67.03%

Final Fantasy 276 32.97%

Total:837

Zelda. Not surprised it's dominating the poll too. FInal Fantasy is really incosistent and didn't offer as many innovations to gaming as Zelda did.

Around the Network

Zelda overall. Final Fantasy is too inconsistent and all over the place and FFXIII was underwhelming crap. 

And why the hell i can't vote : both the same !!

Zelda is more consistant, but FF have a few game i consider on top of almost  everthing !

JRPGfan said:
katakpisang said:

lol reassurance already?

metacritic always right at the end

Let me put it this way then.... .I much rather have FF7R right now to play, than any Zelda game.

FF7 was great ... but it's one game and that was almost *20* years ago. Square-Enix has been living off the legacy of that one game for far too long.

I am neither a fan of both and havent gotten into them. But i give it to FF, they have a new universe and different characters with every new game yet keep being relvant and sell the units.

Around the Network

If you were to have asked me that 15-20 years ago I would have said FF, but Zelda keeps going strong and is extremely high quality and very consistent. FF is so diluted, inconsistent and without direction that Zelda can be the only real answer for me.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Soundwave said:
JRPGfan said:

Let me put it this way then.... .I much rather have FF7R right now to play, than any Zelda game.

FF7 was great ... but it's one game and that was almost *20* years ago. Square-Enix has been living off the legacy of that one game for far too long.

I enjoyed the 8th, 9th, 10th,... 10th-part 2, 12th ect as well.

Hell I played FF11 the mmo for like 6years, and played about a year of ff14

(which I only quit because my brother convinced me to go back to WoW that I then quit again after a month or two).

I dont get the notion that all FF games since the 7th, are bad.

Alot of good FF games since.

LuckyTrouble said:
pikashoe said:
I'd go for Zelda, a lot more consistent in quality. The early final fantasy's have not aged well and the later ones are just getting worse and worse, they had a sweet spot on snes and ps1, which hopefully they get back to that quality soon.

To be fair, early Zelda has aged absolutely horribly. Zelda 1 and 2 are retro fan only material, where at least FF 1, 2, and 3 have gotten modern tune ups to help newer gamers appreciate the older content. Both SNES Zelda and FF forward though have aged pretty well sans a title here or there. I can't argue with later FF endeavours, pretty much X onward, being lackluster at best and absolutely horrible at worst.

its hilarious that you claim that Zelda 1 + 2 have aged terribly- name some NES era games that have aged BETTER than Zelda 1? you will be incredibly hard pressed to find many titles that are as replayable today. the odds are you are not a vintage gamer and simply talking out of your bottom

JRPGfan said:
Soundwave said:
JRPGfan said:

I enjoyed the 8th, 9th, 10th,... 10th-part 2, 12th ect as well.

Hell I played FF11 the mmo for like 6years, and played about a year of ff14

(which I only quit because my brother convinced me to go back to WoW that I then quit again after a month or two).

I dont get the notion that all FF games since the 7th, are bad.

Alot of good FF games since.

you can say whatever you want in terms of personally enjoying games but in terms of rating from hiring/paid professional gaming reviews the Zelda games have consistently gotten higher ratings than the Final Fantasy series

granted the games are totally different, one adventure/platforming the other RPG, but still

I consider FF7 to be my favorite game of all time (Twilight Princess is a close second, however), but Zelda is overall the better series.