By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Truth about the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. How clickbait media spread misinformation. Sony isnt Funding the development

plip.plop said:
HollyGamer said:
SR388 said:
If Shenmue 3 is as sort on funding as is being stated, then I am surprised that the game is being pitch as a whole rather then episodic. Shadow of the Eternals was pitched as an episodic game with the hope that revenue from the first episode would fund the latter episodes. Broken Age became an episode game with revenue from the first part, funding the second part.

I am very curious about what the exact arrangements were made with Sony and Sega. I would also like to know more about the Western developer attempts to fund and publish Shenmue 3. If a western publisher was willing to fund the game, then I am surprised no compromise could be arranged.

SEGA has lost Shenmue IP , i read it on KOTAKU so there is no deal between SONY and SEGA. The Shenmue IP has been handed and trusted by SEGA to Yu Suzuki it self . So it now belong to Yu Suzuki Studio.

SEGA only lost the US trademark, they still own the IP. 

Yu Suzuki does not own the IP, he was granted permission to use it, and all the old resources of the game by SEGA.

oh Ok , i didn't know that.

Around the Network

Have no one see the video? A lot of questions that were answered in the video being made on the thread.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Yes, i was very concerned when Gio made that comment.

The worst thing is that the kickstarter slowed down considerably ever since. Sensationalist media may have just ruined the dream Sony and Yu suzuki delivered to us, wich is why i despise mainstream games media.
Hopefully, after all this Sony does get in there and support them to make it the best game it can be. Something like 5millions shouldnt be something that Sony couldnt give to this project after the reception it got.

For me it's quite simple. Get the game at a great price for $29 help fund it.

If you think it's shady, get the game when it launches for $59.

Damage is already done, misinformation spreads like wildfire, information is blocked out

Around the Network

Adam looks like he havnt sleept since the kickstarter started^^ poor guy, but this video should help to clearup some of the BS around...

HollyGamer said:
plip.plop said:
HollyGamer said:

SEGA has lost Shenmue IP , i read it on KOTAKU so there is no deal between SONY and SEGA. The Shenmue IP has been handed and trusted by SEGA to Yu Suzuki it self . So it now belong to Yu Suzuki Studio.

SEGA only lost the US trademark, they still own the IP. 

Yu Suzuki does not own the IP, he was granted permission to use it, and all the old resources of the game by SEGA.

oh Ok , i didn't know that.

No big deal, but this is the reason why this thread exist. So much misinformation floating around.

They can get this game back on track, all parties involved, and state the agreements in place. Not that anyone has to, but this has turned into a mess, that full disclosure could be a good thing. Since most people out there still believe that Sony is helping to develop this game. 

Until then, I don't see it hitting $10 million, it might get lucky, and break 6. currently sits at 3.5mil

A big part of the problem is the entire way this was handled.  Sony shouldn't have shown it at their conference unless the development costs were either already funded by others or they were going to fund it themselves.  The sad thing is that they're going crazy with the marketing deals this year so they probably do have the money to fund the development but don't want to.  There are people now tweeting millionaires and some talking about tweeting billionaires to help fund development, well here's an idea, tweet Sony to fund its development since they basically got fans' expectations up and they're one of the companies that will benefit the most from it being made.

Here's how the pledges are going, keep in mind that the last day is far from over so it still has a shot at $80,000-95,000 for today.

Legend11 said:

A big part of the problem is the entire way this was handled.  Sony shouldn't have shown it at their conference unless the development costs were either already funded by others or they were going to fund it themselves.  The sad thing is that they're going crazy with the marketing deals this year so they probably do have the money to fund the development but don't want to.  There are people now tweeting millionaires and some talking about tweeting billionaires to help fund development, well here's an idea, tweet Sony to fund its development since they basically got fans' expectations up and they're one of the companies that will benefit the most from it being made.

Here's how the pledges are going, keep in mind that the last day is far from over so it still has a shot at $80,000-95,000 for today.

Well you should read the page.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

obert Purches Published 17/06/2015

UPDATE#2: Sony has clarified its role in Shenmue 3 in a recent official stream on the game, and revealed it's helping to bring Yu Suzuki's project to life.

Following its spectacular announcement at Sony's E3 conference, there were questions about what the company's involvement was, and why Shenmue 3 was going to Kickstarter at the same time as appearing on-stage. The $2 million amount announced as a goal on the Kickstarter - which was surpassed within 9 hours - doesn't appear to pertain to the game's entire budget, and instead has been used as proof of interest in the project before other investors dive in.

"Sony and PlayStation is definitely a partner in this game," Sony PlayStation's director of third party production and developer relations Gio Corsi. "It's going be run through third-party production. We're going to help YsNet get the game done. We're going to be partners on it the whole way."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-16-kickstarter-campaign-launches-for-shenmue-3

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.