By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Truth about the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. How clickbait media spread misinformation. Sony isnt Funding the development

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47805

==

finnally someone cleared it all up what really is hapening. now i am kinda worried 

Around the Network

Nice video. Going to KS for the creative freedom is the right reason.

Still, backers bear all of the financial risk (if the game doesn't complete, they get nothing), but if it succeeds, Sony will take all the profit (standard for any publishing deal). Sony can't lose, and that is NOT good because capitalism has to involve risk to be efficient.

Can't watch a 23 min video... do you have a summary?

Thanks for sharing, it definitely shed some light for me. NOW I understand. Seems I was never wrong in the first place XD

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Cirio said:
Can't watch a 23 min video... do you have a summary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idw_IQx2L0g#t=5m11s

Around the Network

I wish Sony would just come clean about all this. At least when there was confusion over the Microsoft Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusivity they came out and addressed it rather than adding to the confusion.

A game like this would probably require a 30-50 million budget to even hope to compete with games like Grand Theft Auto 6 which will proably have a 100+ million budget. How much is Sony reallygiving? Are they going to basically allow this to be sent to die and just milked it at their conference to get more gaming cred?

Legend11 said:
I wish Sony would just come clean about all this. At least when there was confusion over the Microsoft Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusivity they came out and addressed it rather than adding to the confusion.

A game like this would probably require a 30-50 million budget to even hope to compete with games like Grand Theft Auto 6 which will proably have a 100+ million budget. How much is Sony reallygiving? Are they going to basically allow this to be sent to die and just milked it at their conference to get more gaming cred?

they just going to do the marketing 

So, they basically gave the kickstarter support by announcing it at E3 and are paying for all of the marketing. I have to wonder exactly where they're going to get the money for the rest of the development, though. The original games cost quite a bit of money to make, and Shenmue III must cost an exponential amount two generations later.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
So, they basically gave the kickstarter support by announcing it at E3 and are paying for all of the marketing. I have to wonder exactly where they're going to get the money for the rest of the development, though. The original games cost quite a bit of money to make, and Shenmue III must cost an exponential amount two generations later.

its wasnt that much money the video explains. They spent 70 million $ for the original shenmue games but it included shenmue 1, 2 and the sega saturn version which was cancelled so basicly 3 games.

Ruler said:
its wasnt that much money the video explains. They spent 70 million $ for the original shenmue games but it included shenmue 1, 2 and the sega saturn version which was cancelled so basicly 3 games.

Yeah, but back then that was still a huge amount of money for 3 games, right? Or was that normal?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread