By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ReCore has only been in development for 14 months??? EDIT: And is just now going into full production???

Maybe it's not an AAA production.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network

Oh shit now I'm scared.................
You see my mom always tells me I'm AAA but I was only in the womb for 9 months!
FUCK

#1 Amb-ass-ador

daredevil.shark said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It featured new characters and creatures, new animations for attacks and more blood. The graphics were underwhelming and the main protagonist wasnt very interesting looking unlike Marcus Fenix. It still has my attention as Gears if one of my favorite Xbox franchises of all time. 

My main complaints.

1. Graphics was underwhealming. Yes. Other animations looked good but at first I thought they added a new character in ultimate edition.

2. Same old corridor shooting. Gameplay didnt showed any sign of refinement. I was expecting more.

3. Took away the mini game of reloading. Yes. They took it away.

3 is wrong. You can see the active reload at around 6mins of the gameplay trailer. In exact Gears fashion.

Everybody is worried about this game's development time/release date, but has no problems with Shenmue 3's goal of 2017.
Shenmue is a game not even set in stone, Yu Suzuki is going to decide on the game based on the amount of KS money invested. He has already stated that he is hoping for 10 million to get the game he wants, 2 million will only cover the most basic version). This game is also going to be built from the ground up, by YS.net which has one game to their credit (Shenmue World) that was a mobile game only released in Japan, and still unknown help from Sony (Money/Developers, etc..)

Who knows how long this game has been sitting on the back burner, I think what is surprising people is that MS announced games, feature, and products that no one even predicted or thought possible.

shikamaru317 said:

and I think Comcept has around the same number.s.

Genuine question, but do Comcept actually have any programmers?  Every game they've made has had someone else doing the programming - Soul Sacrifice was Marvelous AQL; Yaiba was Spark Unlimited; Mighty no. 9 is Inti Creates and now this game is Armature.

I'm not convinced they actually do any of the development themselves, just oversee design with Inafune at the helm.

Around the Network
plip.plop said:
Everybody is worried about this game's development time/release date, but has no problems with Shenmue 3's goal of 2017.
Shenmue is a game not even set in stone, Yu Suzuki is going to decide on the game based on the amount of KS money invested. He has already stated that he is hoping for 10 million to get the game he wants, 2 million will only cover the most basic version). This game is also going to be built from the ground up, by YS.net which has one game to their credit (Shenmue World) that was a mobile game only released in Japan, and still unknown help from Sony (Money/Developers, etc..)

Who knows how long this game has been sitting on the back burner, I think what is surprising people is that MS announced games, feature, and products that no one even predicted or thought possible.

I mostly agree with you on Shenmue 3, I think even late 2017 is pretty optomistic considering that it's an open world RPG they're trying to make. The only thing that might make it feasible is that it likely won't be some huge AAA production and I'd have to imagine that with 14 years to think about it they've got plenty of ideas to work with so they won't have to spend much time on things like the story or brainstorming.

That said, my concern over Shenmue is shared with my concern for ReCore. 14 months in, at most 12 months to go and they didn't have ANY gameplay to show at E3? Best case scenario ReCore is a smaller budget game than the trailer let on so it won't take long to make.

You're last line has absolutely nothing to do with peoples concerns over ReCore...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

2 years is low? Erm, ok then.

NobleTeam360 said:

It's on the lower end for an ambitious HD game, barring several studios frankensteining it together, but it's not unheard of.

NobleTeam360 said:

Again: For a new retail IP in the 8th gen? Yes, definitely.

I don't know why that is so surprising to peple on here, I thought most guys here had a somewhat solid idea of game development times.

DerNebel said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Again: For a new retail IP in the 8th gen? Yes, definitely.

I don't know why that is so surprising to peple on here, I thought most guys here had a somewhat solid idea of game development times.

Maybe they are using some Microsoft game assets / games to speed up the process. Last of us for example used a lot of things from the uncharted series. So it Probably didn't take them long to make it.