By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ReCore has only been in development for 14 months??? EDIT: And is just now going into full production???

14 months seems long enough for me. I'm actually surprised they didn't show gameplay.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I definitely see how this can get some people confused when they have to wait like 6 years just to catch another glimpse of an announced new IP

Angelus said:
I definitely see how this can get some people confused when they have to wait like 6 years just to catch another glimpse of an announced new IP

Angelus said:

You can say this all that you want, but the simple fact is that 2 years is not an average development time for a new IP this generation, not even close.

Doesn't seem too short to me. So by the game releases it will have about 2 years of development time. But of course I have no idea about game development so that's just me.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Angelus said:

You can say this all that you want, but the simple fact is that 2 years is not an average development time for a new IP this generation, not even close.

unless its not AAA. 

i see no problem with the timeline at all, just wait and judge the game when it releases. Like you are suppose to do, it seems people wana complain about anything at all anymore.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

bananaking21 said:
DerNebel said:
Angelus said:

unless its not AAA. 

There're unfortunately not really a lot of AA new IPs to draw comparisons from this generation.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i see no problem with the timeline at all, just wait and judge the game when it releases. Like you are suppose to do, it seems people wana complain about anything at all anymore.

Or maybe we're just amazed at how things have turned out since devs have already explained costs and development time perameters to the gaming media for years now so when something gets created out of the ordinary it amazes them. 

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Who's complaining? Sorry that some people are questioning the ability of a studio (or in this case studios) to create a new IP in 2 years in this generation where most new IPs take 3 or more years or so and are still often considered underwhelming.