By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ReCore has only been in development for 14 months??? EDIT: And is just now going into full production???

Was said in this interview with Keiji Inafune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrR4z45Rq6g&feature=youtu.be

14 months and it's supposed to release in at max 12 more months? For a completely new AAA IP? That seems very low.

New details from a Polygon interview:

"We started around 14 months ago," Armature game director Mark Pacini told Polygon. "And we're just going into full production right now. We've done a demo internally. So we're at that point where we can start making the game for real."

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/23/8823747/recore-trailer-story-behind-scenes-interview-inafune

Around the Network

This is the kind of shit that i'm talking about. Why reveal the game this early?

Mystro-Sama said:
This is the kind of shit that i'm talking about. Why reveal the game this early?

Well no, it's supposed to be a 2016 spring release.

well, it isnt the first time MS announced a game early using a CGI trailer. phantum dust, crackdown, halo (E3 2013), Black tusk cancelled game and scalebound ring a bell?

though 2 years is a ok time for development these days, a bit on the low side, specially for a new IP.

this however does bring up a concern i had earlier. is this a situation like phantum dust? were MS announces a game with a CGI trailer passing it on as a big AAA game. when it really is just a mid tier game?

They showed a CG trailer, no way is this a spring 2016 game.

Or is it a small downloadable game?, if so then it seem plausible.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

Was said in this interview with Keiji Inafune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrR4z45Rq6g&feature=youtu.be

14 months and it's supposed to release in at max 12 more months? For a completely new AAA IP? That seems very low.

explains why it was a trailer and not actual gameplay.

Also either game is really short, or they take more time to develope it the way it needs to be, and it ends up delayed.

DerNebel said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Well no, it's supposed to be a 2016 spring release.

Oh wow... Then in that case I can serious concerns about the quality of this game.

Compare that to the 4years Horizons has been in developement....
I think the scope of these games will be very differnt.

I dont think this is good news to be honest.... a shame because the trailer for this game looked really cool.

Ka-pi96 said:
Only? 14 months sounds like a long time to me!

For a new retail IP in this generation? That I'm assuming is not being worked on by a 300 people team? It sounds extremely short to me that this is supposed to come out after only 2 years of development.

Hmm...

I think the game should be delayed, in order to ensure the quality of this game.

14 months isn't a lot, imo.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."