By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would PS4 like performance be enough for Nintendo NX?

Dulfite said:
almostpitythehaters said:

The wii u is much more powerfull than ps3. but you're right that wii u sucessor will be much more powerfull than ps4 unless it has something revolutionary like the wiimote was.

Specs aside, I've yet to see a Wii U game that looks truly superior to anything the ps3 pumped out. Don't get me wrong, I love the Wii U and honestly I'd be good with its graphical capacity for the rest of my life (graphics are good enough now that I don't care about them getting better), but particularly ports of ps3/360 games look no different on the Wii U.

Tachikoma said that Xenoblade Chronicles X would not be possible in its current form (without downgrades) on the PS360. She also said that it wasn't that great looking of a Wii U game. I would think Bayonetta 2 would also not be possible on the PS360 considering the visual difference between that and the first game, as well as how poorly the first game ran on the PS360. 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Dulfite said:

Specs aside, I've yet to see a Wii U game that looks truly superior to anything the ps3 pumped out. Don't get me wrong, I love the Wii U and honestly I'd be good with its graphical capacity for the rest of my life (graphics are good enough now that I don't care about them getting better), but particularly ports of ps3/360 games look no different on the Wii U.

Tachikoma said that Xenoblade Chronicles X would not be possible in its current form (without downgrades) on the PS360. She also said that it wasn't that great looking of a Wii U game. I would think Bayonetta 2 would also not be possible on the PS360 considering the visual difference between that and the first game, as well as how poorly the first game ran on the PS360. 

If I remember correctly God Of War III looks better than Bayonetta 2 though God Of War III is 720p30fps and Bayonetta 2 is 1080p60fps.

They need to fit as much power as they can in a 450 dollars console and need to do a better job at promoting their network as a great platform to multiplayer games. And have a normal controller as the standard control method...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

GameMasterPC said:
sc94597 said:

If I remember correctly God Of War III looks better than Bayonetta 2 though God Of War III is 720p30fps and Bayonetta 2 is 1080p60fps.

Bayonetta 2 isn't 1080p natively, and its frame-rate is unlocked. But looking better =/= being technically more demanding. God of War III's framerate is also unlocked, but it hovers about 10 fps less than Bayonetta 2 at around 45 fps vs. 35 fps averages. 

sc94597 said:
GameMasterPC said:

Bayonetta 2 isn't 1080p natively, and its frame-rate is unlocked. But looking better =/= being technically more demanding. God of War III's framerate is also unlocked, but it hovers about 10 fps less than Bayonetta 2 at around 45 fps vs. 35 fps averages. 

God Of War III is far far more technically demanding tahn Bayonetta 2. The scale of that game is enormous. But it still manages to look better as far as I remember. Been a while since I played it though.

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:
sc94597 said:

God Of War III is far far more technically demanding tahn Bayonetta 2. The scale of that game is enormous. But it still manages to look better as far as I remember. Been a while since I played it though.

Both games utilized heavy pre-rendering making it harder to determine which is actually rendering more. Anything that can be described as "scale" in God of War III is likely pre-rendered. So unless you are a developer I don't take much credibility to your claim, "God of War III is far far more technically demanding tahn Bayonetta 2." All I know is that Bayonetta 2 looks much better than Bayonetta 1, and Bayonetta 1 ran much better on Wii U than it did on PS3. 

Visually they look quite similar in terms of quality. 

sc94597 said:
GameMasterPC said:

Both games utilized heavy pre-rendering making it harder to determine which is actually rendering more. Anything that can be described as "scale" in God of War III is likely pre-rendered. So unless you are a developer I don't take much credibility to your claim, "God of War III is far far more technically demanding tahn Bayonetta 2." All I know is that Bayonetta 2 looks much better than Bayonetta 1, and Bayonetta 1 ran much better on Wii U than it did on PS3. 

How can something that occurs during gameplay be considered pre-rendered. No at all dude, you need to play God Of War III to know how it looks like during gameplay. Bayonetta 1 only looked pathetic on PS3 cause Platinum fucked up and didn't understand the Cell architecture. On 360 which is comparable to PS3 in terms of power Byonetta looked and played fine and there isn't much difference between Bayonetta's graphics on 360 and Wii U.

Just don't name the thing "Wii E" and it'll do much better than Wii U.

GameMasterPC said:
sc94597 said:

How can something that occurs during gameplay be considered pre-rendered.

^ Hence my point of your credibility. Practically the whole PS1 generation and much of he PS2 generation used pre-rendered backdrops. A still image or scripted scence that is recorded and placed in the game is considered pre-rendered. The entire GOW series uses scipted scenes with rendered close-up  backgrounds and pre-rendered distant backgrounds along with fixed camera angles, allowing more resources to be put into things like characters and the environments that are actually rendered in-game (close-up environments.) Bayonetta also does this, but in different ways. 

By the way, I've played most God of War games, including God of War III. I haven't played Bayonetta 2 though. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Miyamotoo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
No. Nintendo needs more power than that. By the time Nintendo launches the NX the next consoles will have already been planned and they will be behind again. Their inability to work with third parties and their development schedule for the consoles hurt them.

Why does it need more power than that?

People don't buy Nintendo consoles to play the same games on PS4/X1. Low price is more crucial to a Nintendo platform than power. One of the biggest issues with Wii U is its not cheap enough thanks to that tablet controller.

As I said already, they need to bridge the gap between home console and portable platform. It also needs to be cheap, like launch for $199-249. If they can make that happen they will certainly have something more successful than Wii U even if its power is at par with Wii U. Graphics is not the problem with that platform.

Its very very unrealistic to expect that new console can cost $199-200, if we look dollar value through history when consoles are launched, that would be probably be cheapest new home console in history. $300 for Nintendo next console is much more realistic.

No, consoles have launched for about 200-250 in the 6th and 7th gen.

Wii U could have launched for 250 if it wasnt for that tablet.

http://kotaku.com/36-years-of-console-prices-adjusted-for-inflation-1485353267

Wii U would probably would cost $300 without gamepad, cost of gamepad is not $100 and you need to count cost of controller instead of gamepad.