By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would PS4 like performance be enough for Nintendo NX?

sc94597 said:
GameMasterPC said:

How can something that occurs during gameplay be considered pre-rendered.

^ Hence my point of your credibility. Practically the whole PS1 generation and much of he PS2 generation used pre-rendered backdrops. A still image or scripted scence that is recorded and placed in the game is considered pre-rendered. The entire GOW series uses scipted scenes with rendered close-up  backgrounds and pre-rendered distant backgrounds with fixed camera angles, allowing more resources to be put into things like characters and the environments that are actually rendered in-game (close-up environments.) Bayonetta also does this, but in different ways. 

By the way, I've played most God of War games, including God of War III. I haven't played Bayonetta 2 though. 

Thanks for the insight. I always wondered how every God Of War game looked so amazing. God Of War III looks better than many PS4 and XB1 games. Now I know how. But whatever way they did it looked amazing to the gamers that's what matters the most ;)

If you have a Wii U and like God Of War and Devil May Cry you should play Bayonetta 2. Its better than any Devil May Cry game and a few God Of War games.

Around the Network
GameMasterPC said:

How can something that occurs during gameplay be considered pre-rendered. No at all dude, you need to play God Of War III to know how it looks like during gameplay. Bayonetta 1 only looked pathetic on PS3 cause Platinum fucked up and didn't understand the Cell architecture. On 360 which is comparable to PS3 in terms of power Byonetta looked and played fine and there isn't much difference between Bayonetta's graphics on 360 and Wii U.

It seems you do not understand a thing about what you are talking.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

WC4Life said:
GameMasterPC said:

How can something that occurs during gameplay be considered pre-rendered. No at all dude, you need to play God Of War III to know how it looks like during gameplay. Bayonetta 1 only looked pathetic on PS3 cause Platinum fucked up and didn't understand the Cell architecture. On 360 which is comparable to PS3 in terms of power Byonetta looked and played fine and there isn't much difference between Bayonetta's graphics on 360 and Wii U.

It seems you do not understand a thing about what you are talking.

Or maybe you don't understand what I'm talking.

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Most gamers play third party. If Nintendo had a console with the right power and the proper amount of third party those who like their first party more will tag along with their console. Hiding behind niche games wont save them. I thought they were more wise than this.

More power doesent get great 3rd party support. Wii U isnt even getting ports of 7th gen games because that audience doesent buy those games.

Nintendo trying to be successful with core 3rd party fans is like MS trying to appeal to Japan. Its a lost cause and other companies already have it locked. Fans of 3rd parties also have more interest in Sony and MS games.

Ubisoft, Epic and many other sent the memo in 2011 that they needed more power and around 8gb of ram.

GameMasterPC said:

True, I really don't understand your ridiculous claims.

First you say GOW3 is 720p/30fps, which is not true

Then you say Bayo2 is 1080p/60fps, which is not true

Then you make a claim that GOW3 is far more technically demanding game. Think about it. If 2 games are the same genre and are moderately close in visuals then how would game running in 720p/30fps be technically more demanding than a similar game at 1080p/60fps?

How about your comment about pre-rendered content? Are you serious? I cannot....

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, consoles have launched for about 200-250 in the 6th and 7th gen.

Wii U could have launched for 250 if it wasnt for that tablet.

http://kotaku.com/36-years-of-console-prices-adjusted-for-inflation-1485353267

Wii U would probably would cost $300 without gamepad, cost of gamepad is not $100 and you need to count cost of controller instead of gamepad.

Wii U is basically 7th gen specs and has no HDD. I feel it could have been 200 or 250 with a cheaper gamepad or wiimote.

Bottom line, high price is what made Wii U such a bomb.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

More power doesent get great 3rd party support. Wii U isnt even getting ports of 7th gen games because that audience doesent buy those games.

Nintendo trying to be successful with core 3rd party fans is like MS trying to appeal to Japan. Its a lost cause and other companies already have it locked. Fans of 3rd parties also have more interest in Sony and MS games.

Ubisoft, Epic and many other sent the memo in 2011 that they needed more power and around 8gb of ram.

So? Again, power isnt why 3rd party games flopped on Wii U. It still has double the memory of 7th gen machines and those have solid ports of 8th gen games.

I wish Nintendo read my memo, "the tablet is stupid, make it optional so the console is cheap." Now thats great advice.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

almostpitythehaters said:
Shiken said:
If they release mid gen, it will be WiiU all over again. Slightly more powerful console that people will ignore while waiting for PS5 or X2.

I'm amazed at the things cheap trolls like you keep saying.

Who is Trolling?  That tactic never works.  Failed with the origional xbox, failed with the WiiU, I mean come on.  I am amazed how insecure people are about their console of choice.

I mean otherwise you wouldn't mistaken historical fact for trolling.  ;)

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

No, PC with an i7-4790k and GTX 980M performance would be enough.

WC4Life said:
GameMasterPC said:

True, I really don't understand your ridiculous claims.

First you say GOW3 is 720p/30fps, which is not true

Then you say Bayo2 is 1080p/60fps, which is not true

Then you make a claim that GOW3 is far more technically demanding game. Think about it. If 2 games are the same genre and are moderately close in visuals then how would game running in 720p/30fps be technically more demanding than a similar game at 1080p/60fps?

How about your comment about pre-rendered content? Are you serious? I cannot....

What I said is true for both games other than the fact that they have unlocked framerate. But 30fps and 60fps is usually what these game run at, not at all times.

I said GOW III is more demanding cause it has far better visuals and grander scope than Bayonetta 2. Your assumption that these two games are close in terms of visuals is what's wrong with you.

As for pre-rendered, I didn't know that many of the dynamic gameplay segments in GOW III had prerendered backgrounds. Yeah sure they moved according to your relative position in the scene but regardless the background was rendered by the in-game engine so I didn't know it was pre-rendered.