By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would PS4 like performance be enough for Nintendo NX?

SpokenTruth said:
Can we get someone in here to stop this guy from making the real Nintendo fans look bad?

No. Unfortunately, the nintendo haters get a free pass in this site.

And you're only making yourself look bad by disagreeing with my absolute arguments.

Around the Network
owninghaters7 said:
superchunk said:
Yes.

Nintendo is starting a new cycle of hardware where the idea of 'generations' will be no more. By the time PS4/XB1 are replaced, NX platform will be ready for its equivalent hardware upgrade.

nope. ps4 and x1 should be replaced in 2018 or 2019 at the latest. they aren't high end for their times like ps360 were.

Yes and by then Nintendo will be ready with an incremental hardware change.

That's my point. Consoles are going to shift from "generational" jumps to incremental launches. Getting closer to how phones/tablets/everyothertech does.

superchunk said:
owninghaters7 said:

nope. ps4 and x1 should be replaced in 2018 or 2019 at the latest. they aren't high end for their times like ps360 were.

Yes and by then Nintendo will be ready with an incremental hardware change.

That's my point. Consoles are going to shift from "generational" jumps to incremental launches. Getting closer to how phones/tablets/everyothertech does.

Ya I think we could see something like that with NX, perhaps not annual upgrades but every 2-3 years have incremental upgrades.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Iseethetruth said:
sc94597 said:

Still at least on par with GOW III quality-wise. 

That's much better than GOW 3, unless you use bullshots that even ps4 doesn't match.

Not to forget the higher framerate of Bayonetta 2 .... makes a huge difference in gameplay and needed performance.

SpokenTruth said:

No, it won't.  Resolutions as a standard must have several industry segments backing it.  Going to 720 and 1080 resolutions coincided with the shifts to flat panel TVs, digital broadcasting and Blu-ray.  4K does not have any major push from these industry segments.

How could those industries suppport a standard which was just adopted as one?

Of course 4K is going to be big as the whole TV manufactors need a way to justify high prices...

Around the Network
owninghaters7 said:

Wii U sucessor benefits from the fact that neither x1 or ps4 are high end consoles for their time, 

A Wii U sucessor will benifit from the fact the neither Sony nor Microsoft waited long enough to have REAL NEXT GEN APUs from AMD.

These are just about to be introduced in 2016 in - as revealed by AMD - in x86 AND ARM designs. We could bet that these designs will incorporate HBM so the GPU parts of both designs will easily match or outperform the PS4/XOne. 

AMD didn't reveal any customer - while many think that both designs are for Nintendo - my saying is that the ARM design goes to AMAZON TV and x86 into a FACEBOOK console. 

That also means that a Wii U successor won't be introduced in 2016 at all. My guess is that we see that in holidays 2018...

Many don't understand that the Wii U numbers are by far NOT the biggest problem of Nintendo. The sales numbers are fine and the installed base is high enough to justify new big projects - like Splatoon. If there is a problem then that experienced Wii U developers are a scare resource...

Nintendos biggest problem is mobile - or better - a (New) 3DS successor. Thats the money printing machine which keeps the whole company alive. 

NX as a platform will Nintendo enable to develop for mobile AND their next handheld. If it is feasible they could go so far and make the Wii U an NX console too as the Wii U has enough Flash to have an NX OS or compability layer too..