By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft is Expecting Huge Xbox One Sales from backwards compatability

Dulfite said:
The fact that this wasn't available to xbox one and ps4 from the beginning was and is (in Sony's case) just sad. I'm hoping the NX continues (whether digitally or through hardware) Nintendo's reputation of bc.

Nintendo's reputation of bc?  Since when???

Nintendo consoles only started becoming bc last gen, and only because the architecture between the GC and the Wii was so similar, which continued on with the Wii / Wii U because the consoles literally utilize the same motion sensing technology and controllers!  Same thing with handhelds... the GBA was made to handle original GB games, and the DS had an auxilary slot in earlier models to handle GBA games.

BC goes back to the early days of gaming... Atari were the first to feature bc out of the box, and SEGA offered bc through add-ons for its earlier consoles.  the PS2 and PS3 were initally fully bc but Sony later abandoned it on the PS3 and 4 due to costs.  It's not that big of a deal and has never been a major selling point for any console.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
manny10032 said:
that misleading thread title doe

*Fixed.

arcane_chaos said:
kitler53 said:
it's almost the end of june,.. where is that amazing 2015 lineup xbox keeps talking about?

pre-season bruh

when you're a no show in the pre-season you won't make it to the playoffs.

celador said:
Playstation_awaiter said:
Sony has
battlefront advertising,
Call of duty advertising
Hitman advertising
Just cause 3 advertising
Assassins creed advertising
Uncharted collection
Metal gear solid advertising
Price cut

Does anyone really think Sony is going to lose by hundreds of thousands? Like last year?

I do. Halo and another price cut will give MS a comfortable win in the US over the last few months. Don't think the third party deals are going to do as much as some think.

I would expect those 3rd party deals to be quite significant, actually. We're well into this gen, and the biggest sellers have all been 3rd party multiplats. Knowing that and knowing that Sony has outsold MS nearly 2:1, the average consumer has little to differentiate between their offerings. If the games are effectively the same, then the controller of the marketing of those games and/or the seller of the reputedly better platform should expect significant success.

WE are discerning customers; the masses are not.

@Title & Topic:

Around the Network
quisuis said:

coz US like they gaming going backward!! pointless for X1 play xbox360... will we at it why not make X1 play xbox original game... let gaming going backward...

- in my book compagny should going forward and go next gen only!!

BC isn't a bad thing, I'm actually playing on a PS3 right now and have been going back and forth from PS4 to PS3 since PS4 launched. So it would be nice for my PS4 to be fully BC.

sabvre42 said:

*Lana's Voice* YUUUUUUUPPPP.

Nice to see an Archer fan :D

sabvre42 said:

I could see Microsoft advertising this and tricking people into upgrading before they realize what it really means (to be fair... like Sony did with the Vita initially).

Thank you, somebody agrees

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204823&page=1#

GTstation said:

Why ? HAlo fans already were milked for sales with Hmcc.  

A temporary cut is no longer a surpise it was last year, sony can and likely has a strategy to counter.   And having lerened form lack of BF bundle stock last year will in all common sense know how many they really need this time.  

And why are games whos fanbases have been already been pandered to going to sale Xones agian ?

Halo will move consoles. You can't deny that. It'll be interesting to see how the 3rd party deals and possible PS4 price cut will do against Halo and Tomb Raider this Holiday.

sabvre42 said:
Burek said:

Because it just so logical that a person who has a X360 which plays all X360 games will all of a sudden decide to get rid of it and purchase XOne so he can play only a portion of those games.

I could see Microsoft advertising this and tricking people into upgrading before they realize what it really means (to be fair... like Sony did with the Vita initially).

They already tricked people into buying XBOnes at the "limited time" price of $350 over the holidays, so I wouldn't put it past them