By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky fully won me over this E3.

Might be okay. Feels like a rental to really "get" what it offers first.

Around the Network
WiiStation360 said:
I am still not sure exactly what this games is trying to be. There did not seem to be a lot of depth in the space battles, and after I get tired of exploring, what else is there to do? It seems a bit lonely for a multiplayer game.

It seems like a perfect game for Project Morpheus. I hope it will be supported.

this game is in the same vein as mincraft.  it is an ultimate sandbox.  explore new worlds, trade, craft, upgrade your weapons/ship, engaging in space battles, hunt wild life, terraform planets, destroy planets, create cities, destroy cities, and ultimatly try to find the center of the universe.   what can't you do?  this game is a universe similator and will become whatever the community wants to make of it.

also, project morpheus support is confirmed.

kitler53 said:
WiiStation360 said:
I am still not sure exactly what this games is trying to be. There did not seem to be a lot of depth in the space battles, and after I get tired of exploring, what else is there to do? It seems a bit lonely for a multiplayer game.

It seems like a perfect game for Project Morpheus. I hope it will be supported.

this game is in the same vein as mincraft.  it is an ultimate sandbox.  explore new worlds, trade, craft, upgrade your weapons/ship, engaging in space battles, hunt wild life, terraform planets, destroy planets, create cities, destroy cities, and ultimatly try to find the center of the universe.   what can't you do?  this game is a universe similator and will become whatever the community wants to make of it.

also, project morpheus support is confirmed.

SO. MUCH. HYPE.

View on YouTube

It's scale is incredible, but for me it's actually way to big. I like to be able to finish a game at some point and move on to the next. This looks like it has no end.

Around the Network

You guys should read this before downplaying the game.
"It mimics Minecraft in terms of starting from scratch and mining a planet for resources, building on each new element to craft bigger and better weapons and gadgets. It also includes a "wanted" meter that calls in deadly robotic security forces if you murder any of the native wildlife on any planet – similar to Grand Theft Auto. And, there's something that Murray equates to a complicated Pokedex, though I like to think of it as a new kind of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Every creature, element, planet or cool thing that you find gets placed in a grid in your own digital encyclopedia. When you discover new items, you'll have to upload them to a Beacon to ensure they're stored for the life of your game, even if you get pummeled to death by an irate, zebra-striped slug creature with four legs and horns."

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/19/minecraft-grand-theft-auto-no-mans-sky-e3/

I am excited since the day I saw the art direction, it looks like one of my dreams, :') exploring weird planets and travel to the center of the galaxy is just my type of game!

I agree! While I personally cannot pick a game that won me over this E3 (rarely I can), No Mans Sky really is a once in a generation type of game in my eyes. 18 quintillion planets to explore before reaching the center of the universe? Absolute replay value; not even knowing what else it could bring to the table adds icing on the cake!

If this game turns out anything like how great the replay value was on Chrono Trigger, this will be a game that gamers will play for years!

Either way, I am in the same boat with you somewhat. No Mans Sky is truly a game many should look forward to!

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

NYCrysis said:
You guys should read this before downplaying the game.
"It mimics Minecraft in terms of starting from scratch and mining a planet for resources, building on each new element to craft bigger and better weapons and gadgets. It also includes a "wanted" meter that calls in deadly robotic security forces if you murder any of the native wildlife on any planet – similar to Grand Theft Auto. And, there's something that Murray equates to a complicated Pokedex, though I like to think of it as a new kind of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Every creature, element, planet or cool thing that you find gets placed in a grid in your own digital encyclopedia. When you discover new items, you'll have to upload them to a Beacon to ensure they're stored for the life of your game, even if you get pummeled to death by an irate, zebra-striped slug creature with four legs and horns."

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/19/minecraft-grand-theft-auto-no-mans-sky-e3/

What i'm curious to know is how they plan to save planets? Will they appear in the same spot in the same solar system every time?

How can you destroy planets ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m