By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky fully won me over this E3.

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't feeling No Man's Sky when it was first revealed. I just thought it was merely a "looking" game where you would just to travel a world just to look at it's sights and some planets might have slightly different color grass which they would pass off as totally different planets similar to how Borderlands brags about having hundreds of guns, so I never thought much of it.

Now fast forward to E3 2015 where the game is being played on stage where the creator shows what looks to be an endless map of the universe with little solar systems and actual planets within those solar systems which is just mind blowing. I'm just sitting there thinking to myself that this can't possibly be real, right? Then he uses the ship's hyper drive function, which is totally new and in itself hype as fuck and ends up near a new planet. He then scans the planet with the ship's system, which is also something new and interesting and goes down there to show the scenery. He then proceeds to drop the bomb that the planet is not only completely destructible but if you destroy it there are concequences and you can become wanted which just (again) completely blew my mind.

At this point I was completely sold on this game then someone on this site (can't remember who)posted a game trailer's video of someone giving their impressions of unseen gameplay they saw of it which reveals more new information like being about to gather resources on different planets and barter without places, upgrading your ship, shields, weapons, spacesuit. You can even craft items with blueprints you find? How amazing is that. And the best part is the art style is actually amazing. I thought game of this scop would be hideous.

All I'm praying for now is that this delivers on all it's promises. I don't think I could ever trust another game again if this lets me down. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Around the Network

I feel the same way. It looks like the kind of a agme that can keep me hooked for months.

I'm just waiting for the release date so I can block off a huge amount of time to dedicate to this game.

It's quite the opposite for me. The original concept is awesome but it looks more and more like there is nothing to do in this game except exploring empty planets. No quests have been shown, the space combats look too basic and it seems that the big spaceship and space station are here just for decoration.

I'm in.

Gonna get it whenever it actually does release.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Burner37 said:
It's quite the opposite for me. The original concept is awesome but it looks more and more like there is nothing to do in this game except exploring empty planets. No quests have been shown, the space combats look too basic and it seems that the big spaceship and space station are here just for decoration.

Actually there is a lot we don't know yet. I learned a bunch of shit from that one GT video that was never mentioned before. I'm theres even more too.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
Burner37 said:

Actually there is a lot we don't know yet. I learned a bunch of shit from that one GT video that was never mentioned before. I'm theres even more too.

I hope the points that are bothering me will be proved wrong but the game should come out in not so long and I'm surprised thay haven't addressed them yet.

It's an incredible looking game. The only problem is it is launching in the same year - and quarter - as XCX and Fallout 4. How am I supposed to play all these?!

Nuvendil said:
It's an incredible looking game. The only problem is it is launching in the same year - and quarter - as XCX and Fallout 4. How am I supposed to play all these?!

Do we still know if it's launching this year?

Is that free to play ?

I loved what i heard about the center of the universe being the ultimate goal, the game becoming harder the more you come close to it.

I really look forward to try this game

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Nuvendil said:

Discover a planet a day while you play either X or Fallout? :P