By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one who wants Zelda Wii U to release on NX?

Random_Matt said:
Hoping the NX turns out to be a powerful handheld, it's best for Nintendo.

Nintendo confirmed yesterday that it's a console. No more need for speculation, there.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
At this point, I want it on NX (it can come to Wii U too, but I want the best version possible on NX). I bought a Wii U and 3ds either day one or close to it for both of them. I paid the 250 for the 3ds standard edition (ridiculous launch price) and the 350 for the Wii U premium edition (also ridiculous).

Neither devices had many games in their first year. I do NOT want that to repeat for the NX. I want Nintendo to come out guns blazing with that device. I want there to be so many games on it that, after the 1st year of it being on the market, I have at least 2 years of backlog to play through. I do not want 1 game for every 3 months on average, and I want (at least) 3rd party exclusives!

I own a Wii U and a New 3ds (I upgraded). I'm a Nintendo fanboy and a day one client (typically), but I want the Nx to launch next year and I want it to have the best possible support it could have in it's early life.

You and I appear to be on the exact same page. 

spemanig said:
Even if the only difference is that it runs a 60fps on the NX, I'll buy it Day 1.

So no, you aren't the only one. Not by a mile.

Good to know!!

Dr.Vita said:
S.Peelman said:
It would probably be for the best in every aspect for the game, from looks to sales, however it would be such a shame if WiiU would become the first console without it's own Zelda game.

I'll get it whenever and wherever it releases.

Gamecube?

Gamecube had Wind Waker and 4 Swords.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

It would be perfect if they had a Wii U version and later a better NX version. But the game I would rather have on NX instead of Wii U is Metroid. I've wanted Metroid to skip the Wii U from the start.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
Hoping the NX turns out to be a powerful handheld, it's best for Nintendo.

A nintendo developer said that if they started making a metroid game now, it wouldn't come in time for the wii u, but it would for the NX. That implies that NX is at the very least a console. Unless they are doing the fusion concept, I wouldn't keep my hopes up for it being a handheld

SJReiter said:

I see that most Nintendo fans have said things along the line of "if Nintendo releases Zelda Wii U on NX it will be a major betrayal of my trust." I understand the frustration of buying a console expecting a game only to have that game release on another console, but I can't help but think that it would be better if Zelda Wii U did release on NX. I just think that Nintendo could make the game better if they made it for NX (assuming NX has significantly higher graphical capacity than Wii U). Also, since I'm a huge Nintendo fan I know I'll be buying NX anyway, so I figure it might as well have the best Zelda experience ever (hopefully). I don't know, what do you guys think. Would it really be so awful if the new Zelda released on NX?

Note: the same point stands if it's cross-gen, as the NX version would likely be superior. 

The reason we see it as a betrayal of trust is that Nintendo has been disguising the fact that they're dumping support for the Wii U before we get a proper mainline Zelda or Metroid (some would even argue Mario) game. Now that this is becoming more abundantly clear, we're waking up to the fact that we spent $300, more than most had ever dropped on a Nintendo console, for a machine they aren't even going to support as well as the Gamecube.

They promised that the next system wouldn't launch until the Wii U owners had been satisfied - and we haven't. Based on the showing at E3, they are spending more time prepping the NX launch than fulfiling their promise to their biggest fans. 

With every other Nintendo release, I was ready for a new console when the announcement was made and I was content with the library of games released for the last console. Why would I buy a new console from Nintendo when I don't feel like I've gotten my monies worth out of this one?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Dr.Vita said:
S.Peelman said:
It would probably be for the best in every aspect for the game, from looks to sales, however it would be such a shame if WiiU would become the first console without it's own Zelda game.

I'll get it whenever and wherever it releases.

Gamecube?

What? Wind Waker IS Gamecube's Zelda. 

Roma said:
kljesta64 said:
I dont really care as long as the console doesnt come out before 2018

oh it is ;)

I want it to be on NX as they could do things better besides the fact that it would help the console a lot!

Zelda U is build with the gamepad in mind porting it to the NX would actually be a downgrade to the overall gameplay experience and they dont lose anything keeping it on Wii U except graphics,resolution.. If you think they would re build it in some way for the NX your are wrong since the game is already in deep development.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

PenguinZ said:
Dr.Vita said:

Gamecube?

Gamecube had Wind Waker and 4 Swords.

Wind Waker is avalaible on Wii U and 4 Swords Adventures is avalaible on NDS.