By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one who wants Zelda Wii U to release on NX?

It's actually eerie how this echoes the situation from basically 10 years ago:

August 18th, 2005:

"After much discussion, the Zelda development team has requested extra time to add new levels, more depth and even higher quality to Zelda: Twilight Princess," said Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan. "Consequently, we're announcing a new global launch in 2006, after the conclusion of this fiscal year (March 31). We'll provide a specific date at a later point in time. While this may come as a disappointment to many eager fans, it will absolutely enrich the game and make it a multi-million seller."

March 2015:

“As I have watched our development progress, I have come to think that rather than work with meeting a specific schedule as our main objective and releasing a game that reflects only what we can create within that scheduled time, I feel strongly that our focus should be to bring all these ideas to life in a way that will make The Legend of Zelda on Wii U the best game it can possibly be.”

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
If Nintendo releases Twilight Princess on Revolution I will never buy a Nintendo console ag .... oops.

GameCube had its own trio of classic single player games from Nintendo. Sure Sunshine sucked but it was more ambitious than 3D World.

And it had two starfox, two metroid prime, F-Zero, two Pikmin games, and a classic Paper Mario game.

Soundwave said:
If Nintendo releases Twilight Princess on Revolution I will never buy a Nintendo console ag .... oops.

But Twilight Princess also launched on GameCube. The OP made this thread with the idea of Zelda U completely skipping the Wii U console.

It's not the same.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Some of the responses to Twilight Princess being delayed to 2006 were hilarious. People were pissed off, like this guy:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6915/t575799-zelda-twilight-princess-delayed-until-late-spring-early-summer-2006/

THIS IS A BUNCH OF BULL SH!T!!!!!
HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!

Atleast the new screenshot were nice.

They better make it 5000000x's better than the past ones, or in this case any other game ever to hit the market. If its not I'm gonna EXPLODE ON A RAMPAGE FROM HELL!!!!!!!

lol

JEMC said:
Soundwave said:

But Twilight Princess also launched on GameCube. The OP made this thread with the idea of Zelda U completely skipping the Wii U console.

It's not the same.

The Wii U has a better Mario Kart than the GameCube, and Splatoon is far better of a new IP than Pikmin ever was. It also has a better Donkey Kong game than the GameCube ever got. Oh and GameCube never had a 2D Mario. 

And 3D World IMO, I don't care about scope, it flat out a better game than "Mario's Tropical Vacation" err, Mario Sunshine. Most people said the linear bonus star levels were the best thing about Sunshine and that those were the only parts that felt like a Mario game back when it released. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of that fence. 

Once Star Fox Zero tops Star Fox Assualt/Adventures it'll also have a better Star Fox game.

And no one said Zelda U won't come out on Wii U. Just that NX owners might get a taste too. 

Around the Network

Man. Was the NX announced in the background somewhere?
Yes, you are the only one. Besides emotional and personal reasons, if Zelda U is ported to the NX, it would need to start over development of the game, meaning another delay, meaning tons of cash burned and tons of fans pissed.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
Man. Was the NX announced in the background somewhere?
Yes, you are the only one. Besides emotional and personal reasons, if Zelda U is ported to the NX, it would need to start over development of the game, meaning another delay, meaning tons of cash burned and tons of fans pissed.

Literally do people not realize this has basically happened before? lol. 

S.Peelman said:
It would probably be for the best in every aspect for the game, from looks to sales, however it would be such a shame if WiiU would become the first console without it's own Zelda game.

I'll get it whenever and wherever it releases.

Gamecube?

Soundwave said:
JEMC said:
Soundwave said:

It's not the same.

The Wii U has a better Mario Kart than the GameCube, and Splatoon is far better of a new IP than Pikmin ever was. It also has a better Donkey Kong game than the GameCube ever got. Oh and GameCube never had a 2D Mario. 

And 3D World IMO, I don't care about scope, it flat out a better game than "Mario's Tropical Vacation" err, Mario Sunshine. Most people said the linear bonus star levels were the best thing about Sunshine and that those were the only parts that felt like a Mario game back when it released. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of that fence. 

Once Star Fox Zero tops Star Fox Assualt/Adventures it'll also have a better Star Fox game.

And no one said Zelda U won't come out on Wii U. Just that NX owners might get a taste too. 

Better or worse are a matter of personal taste. To me for example, Pikmin is a better game than Splatoon because I don't care about online multiplayer. And I'd also take Metroid Prime 1 & 2 over any Donkey or Star Fox title.

And he does say that Zelda U won't launch on Wii U, that's why he put that last sentence saying that it would be the same even if the game is cross gen.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Even if the only difference is that it runs a 60fps on the NX, I'll buy it Day 1.

So no, you aren't the only one. Not by a mile.