By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only one who wants Zelda Wii U to release on NX?

I would like to have Zelda U on the NX. And if the NX is a handheld (or the handheld version of the Fusion idea) I would like it even more.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

It'd probably be a arterobe at this point, but it most likely will remain as a Wii U game.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

JNK said:
no because i wont get nx. I got the wii u on launch because they showed a damn awesome zelda tech demo and i still got like nothing. a remake and a spin off i never asked for.
wiiu is my last nintendo console. nx should get its own title. I dont want them to waste time on zelda wii u to make a port or a dual release. i want the game asap.

this

Nope. I don't want to regret purchasing a Wii U completely. It still needs more games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Given your last sentence

SJReiter said:

Note: the same point stands if it's cross-gen, as the NX version would likely be superior. 

I'm going to yes, you're the only one.

If Zelda U launches exclusively on NX there will be a lot of Wii U customers very pissed off with Nintendo, myself included. And an angry customers rarely buys products from that same company again.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

I'd be okay with it being cross gen, but NX only? No...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

If they give me a discount for the the NX for buying a Wii U in anticipation of Zelda being a 2015 title, then I'm okay for it being a cross gen game.

But if not, then I guess Nintendo believes most Wii U owners are willing to buy their next home console within the first 2 years even though Wii U doesn't have a true 3D Mario, Metroid, or an exclusive Zelda game.

Sure N64 didn't have all of the 3, but they at least had one of them! And they had a F-Zero, Paper Mario, Golden Eye, Star Wars., etc.

I almost don't believe my eyes.... 

It would be increadibly stupid if Nintendo released this for NX. Why?

1: It's development is increadibly far along by now. Why do people want them to cheap out and put it on the NX? Every gen should get it's own LoZ title built from the ground up on the hardware to showcase the consoles power. It has always been this way, except the Gamecube era.

2: Why do we want to wait a year or two after the release of the NX to get a game we could have had 2+years prior? This is around the time it takes to make a LoZ game. We could have two (with one being a complete surprise) new titles in around the same time that they could give us one "cross gen" title (even if we are talking about Zelda U not getting released at all, it would still be a game built mostly for this gens tech). 

3: The arguement it "would be better on next gen tech" is a phrase that is perpetual. Why release it next gen, when it will be better the gen after that?

4: We would be caught in a loop of releasin cross gen titles. Say we release this year one or two, three years later Nintendo faces the same problem. Do they release the next one as a cross gen? Nintendo does not need to make LoZ their cross gen series, it needs to remain their flagship. You are essentually asking Nintendo to ditch making the best LoZ on their hardware as they can, to accommodate building a game that will work on two different platforms.

No, this game needs to be released on Wii U, squeezing every once of power out of it before we go into next gen.

If Nintendo releases Twilight Princess on Revolution I will never buy a Nintendo console ag .... oops.

kljesta64 said:
I dont really care as long as the console doesnt come out before 2018

oh it is ;)

I want it to be on NX as they could do things better besides the fact that it would help the console a lot!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(