By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Wii U the worst console of all time?(OP clarification)

In terms of Nintendo home consoles (inb4 Virtualboy), the Wii U is their worst, yes. Of all time? No. Should we have gotten more from a company like Nintendo? Yes, but I also feel people were TOO optimistic about the console which also hurt it.. I know people will mention and have mentioned obvious bad consoles, but the point is that you shouldn't have to compare them to those. "Yeah, the Wii U is bad but at least it isn't a Game.Com!" a comparison like that shouldn't have to be made to begin with.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:

What about innovation? Look what Sony did with  last gen  with the "Last of Us" a whole new IP. For me having Melee for the Gamecube libray(which only had a previous iteration) has more weight than releasing smash 4 for the Wii U. Us gamers are already familiar with Smash and therefore, at this point it feels stale. I Mario Sunshine feels more like a 3D Mario game akin to Mario 64, in contrast ,Mario 3D land plays more of a side scroller in the vein of the DS's mario's. That's why I think that Mario sunshine feels like a more 'proper' entry in the franchise in the vein of Galaxy. Overall, the Gamecube first party is not overrated but for its time it felt fresher in comparison. Also how can you say Mario Kart 8 is better than double dash if according to metacritic there is only a 0.1 point difference.

And that makes Super Mario 3D World less ambitious? Size doesn't matter, the way you use it, does. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

worse of all time, not by a long shot

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Its sad to hear that the Wii U is worse than the 3DO (which I own), Jaguar, 32X, Ouya and the Virtual Boy. Its funny because I could argue that if it had full 3rd party support that it could be among the best consoles of all time. But one flaw (albeit a glaring flaw) and people want to declare it the worst thing ever. Trust me there are worse consoles out there.

No, it isn't

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

uhh.. no. in fact, i would say its better than the xbox, pretty much all sega consoles, the ps3, AND the ps4/x1 (so far). and thats not even mentioning all the shit consoles. the wii u is far from the worst. it has a great library of games.

edit: the only consoles that i can say are for sure safely above it are snes, nes, n64, wii, ps1, ps2

Soundwave said:

GameCube first party is overrated.

Mario 3D World >>> Sunshine.

Like seriously take off the nostalgia glasses with Sunshine, it's a terrible Mario game with bloated level design all set on a tropical island (who the hell thought a Mario game with all tropical themed levels was a good idea?), that had camera glitches and bugs up the wazoo and the back end of the game was piss poor.

Splatoon >>> Pikmin

These were the so-called "new IP" of the GameCube ... I'm sorry, Splatoon is way better. It's a far better game and truly the next great Nintendo IP. Not only that but Wii U has Pikmin 3 as well.

Mario Kart 8 >>> Mario Kart: Double Dash

Double Dash had a pathetic number of tracks, MK8 has far more content.

Smash U = Smash Melee

Smash Melee was the one big IP Nintendo got right on the GCN, but Smash U matches it IMO.

DKC: Tropical Freeze > DK: Jungle Beat

EAD Tokyo made a good effort here, but a "real" DKC game with actual controls the return of David Wise trumps a spin-off DK game with bongo controls.

If Zelda U is better than Wind Waker, then the Wii U has the GameCube beat in many major Nintendo IP.

I agreed with you up until Melee. Melee is the best Smash and pisses all over any other entry.

It's currently the worst Nintendo home console... That might not change either.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Mario Sunshine was a huge disappointment.

It felt like a "Mario On Vacation" spin-off title than a real sequel to Mario 64. Whoever thought making a Mario game with just tropical theme levels should be slapped upside the head.

Even when it was released I remember many people saying the linear bonus star levels felt more like a "real" Mario game than the actual Sunshine levels did.

Mario 3D World is a Mario game right down to it's beating heart. It bleeds everything Mario and even brings back the 4-player mechanics from US Mario Bros. 2. 

Worst console of the last 4 generations, yes.