By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the Wii U the worst console of all time?(OP clarification)

ctk495 said:
SanAndreasX said:

Worse than the 3DO, Jaguar, CD-i, 5200, 7800, Pippin, Intellivision? Are YOU serious?

Yes but did you expected anything from those companies? This is Nintendo we are taking about- they are supposed to be master of hardware development. After all they have created the N64, SNES and NES. There are higher expectations for a company like Nintendo. I think that makes the Wii U even worst than the other platforms. 

The PS3 has to be the worst then, I expect Sony to win every gen and they didn't so it is an awful console because I hold them to a higher standard ...

Around the Network

@everyone
I think you guys should not use a semantic loophole and say "Well, X console by an obscure company is worst" that is like me saying that "My little brother made a console and that one is worst than Wii U." I am talking about "serious" console creators like Microsoft, Sega, Sony and Nintendo. I dare anyone to say that the Wii U is better than any of consoles made by any of this companies and you will see how the Wii U stacks up poorly even against the original Xbox or the PSone.

last92 said:
Worst console of the last 4 generations, yes.

I prefer it to the original Wii, so I'm sorry but no. 

The only truly great games the Wii had were the two Mario Galaxy games. NSMBU is better than NSMB Wii, Mario Kart 8 is better than Mario Kart Wii, Smash U is better than Smash Brawl. 

Gimme HD goodness and Splatoon + Bayonetta + Super Mario Maker over the anything else on the Wii and I'll take it any day. Even Skyward Sword was really kinda "meh" ... we waited four years for a game that linear and with the most ridiculous hand holding? Pass. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if Zelda U (even if it is crossplat with NX) is a better Zelda game than that or TP. 

this thread title wtf?
NO its not.

I think the Wii for its time was a better consol than the Wii U is for its time (now).
I like the nunch chucks more than the gamepad.

Nintendo could have done a better job with the Wii U however.
The E3 is proof of that

It bugs me abit that we got a 2.5D SMW3D game, instead of a real 3D mario.
Also bugged by all the people saying mean stuff about Super Mario Sunshine.... I loved the game setting on a island paradise.

Oh come on, these threads. I know you're not trying to start a flame war, but that title is just plain bait and you KNOW the Wii U isn't the worst console of all time, not even close.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

this thread title wtf?
NO its not.

I think the Wii for its time was a better consol than the Wii U is for its time (now).
I like the nunch chucks more than the gamepad.

Nintendo could have done a better job with the Wii U however.
The E3 is proof of that

It bugs me abit that we got a 2.5D SMW3D game, instead of a real 3D mario.
Also bugged by all the people saying mean stuff about Super Mario Sunshine.... I loved the game setting on a island paradise.

That's because you were a kid and see the GameCube through nostalgia glasses.

Mario Sunshine was a massive let down, a "Mario On Vacation" title with all tropical freaking levels (hey how about we make a Mario game with just ice levels, that'll be great ... NOT), terrible cinematics, and was clearly rushed to market as it was filled with bugs and a rushed final third of the game. 

Mario 3D World is a better game and far more true Mario game than Sunshine is. Sunshine feels like a weird side-story spinoff that really Nintendo could've just made a new character and it would've worked just as well. 

ctk495 said:

@everyone
I think you guys should not use a semantic loophole and say "Well, X console by an obscure company is worst" that is like me saying that "My little brother made a console and that one is worst than Wii U." I am talking about "serious" console creators like Microsoft, Sega, Sony and Nintendo. I dare anyone to say that the Wii U is better than any of consoles made by any of this companies and you will see how the Wii U stacks up poorly even against the original Xbox or the PSone.

How can you put 'Worst Console of ALL TIME' in a title, then not talk about all consoles in all of time? It makes no sense. And you can't say that other companies were not serious. Atari was a founder of gaming but don't want to include the Jaguar? Are you serious?

ctk495 said:

@everyone

Read the title of your own thread.

ctk495 said:

@everyone

Atari invented games. And Sega was so afraid of the Jaugar,they came out with the 32X, if i'm not mistaken. 

bunchanumbers said:
ctk495 said:

@everyone

How can you put 'Worst Console of ALL TIME' in a title, then not talk about all consoles in all of time? It makes no sense. And you can't say that other companies were not serious. Atari was a founder of gaming but don't want to include the Jaguar? Are you serious?

I heard the Jaguar was a pretty advance system... Truly ahead of its time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlRWqqWay7c

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC