By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disinformation Agents Have Overtaken VGCHARTZ (Nintendo Related)

Cant see them releasing a new console in 2016... pretty confident of that bet.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

On the one hand I think you're right. On the other, I'm basing that on how stupid it would be to release a console so soon and in the middle of the generation, and then I remember that Nintendo isn't exactly known for making great business decisions these days.

Tachikoma said:
kljesta64 said:

Beware of those who disinform and claim Nintendo will release a new consoles in 2016. It's a lie.

Beware of those who say Zelda U is cross gen and it will release on Nintendos new console and Wii U. It's a lie. 

Beware of those who say Nintendo has abandoned Wii U and is already developing games for their next console. It's a lie.

No offence but you cannot prove that these theories are untrue, just as they cannot prove their own theories are true, so labeling them liars seems a little pointless.

Can you, beyond a shadow of doubt prove that Nintendo will not release a new console/console in 2016, that Zelda U won't be cross gen, or that Nintendo are planning on winding down support for the WiiU? because if you can't, you really shouldn't be calling peoples theories lies.

as I said the information is a lie I dont claim to have any information for what im saying to be true. its bad news for fans and nintendo to talk nonsese and make threads about nintendo and nx and so on all the bad stuff thats why i made this thread.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Tachikoma said:

Can you, beyond a shadow of doubt prove that Nintendo will not release a new console/console in 2016, that Zelda U won't be cross gen, or that Nintendo are planning on winding down support for the WiiU? because if you can't, you really shouldn't be calling peoples theories lies.

That logic's... more than a little backwards.

I heard Iwata is planning to harvest the organs of anyone who buys a Playstation, and that the NX is a machine that connects directly to your cerebral cortex and is powered by the tears of demon children. And you can't call me a liar, because you have no proof - beyond a shadow of a doubt no less - that none of my claims are true.

Hiku said:
kljesta64 said:
Hiku said:
kljesta64 said:

Releasing a new console in the mid of a generation makes no sense at all. It's basically the path of Sega and look what happend.

It's also what Xbox did, and look what happeneed with the 360.

they released it one year earlier same as nintendo with wii u.

I added more to my post, but I'll repeat it. The difference is that Xbox was in direct competition with Playstation.
While Nintendo's WiiU is in competition with hem to an extent, it's not really direct in that they basically lost all third party support. They're sort of in a market of their own in that sense, so when the generation begins or ends is up to Nintendo, as pretty much all the games come from them anyway.
That's if they're going to ignore focusing on trying to go after third parties with the NX, which definitely is a possibility.

With no new games announced for 2016, it's looking a lot more likely that NX will be released next year.

you got me a bit lost here.  but to me it doesnt make sense for the nx to be release mid gen and hoping for 3rd parties to jump ship. you must start from scratch release the damn console same year as the competition.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

I could see them releasing a new handheld in 2016 More than a home console. They don't want to lose momentum in the handheld market and right now a new Nintendo handheld would sell. If they were focused on a home console they would have to hold off game dev time for their next handheld until the 3ds dies a miserable death.

Everything I tell you is a lie. I swear.

noname2200 said:

That logic's... more than a little backwards.

I heard Iwata is planning to harvest the organs of anyone who buys a Playstation, and that the NX is a machine that connects directly to your cerebral cortex and is powered by the tears of demon children. And you can't call me a liar, because you have no proof - beyond a shadow of a doubt no less - that none of my claims are true.

Theres a difference between a realistic and plausible theory based off of varying factors and a complete fabrication.
People are coming up with these theories based on real world events, Nintendos actions and various key signifiers.

We had a sparse e3 direct where Nintendo went out of their way to repeatedly focus on the idea that Nintendo was transforming, they even mentioned NX in the direct, if it was far enough off that we could expect a few more years worth of WiiU titles there would have been zero reason to mention NX, but they did.

Also, a theory isn't a lie if the person that shares that theory believes it, far fetched? maybe, Plausible? depends, but a lie? not really.

When you give an example of iwara planning to harvest organs, you write that knowing full well that theres nothing to back it up and you yourself do not believe it to be true, thus it's a lie, however if you truly believed that iwata was harvesting organs, until it could be varifiably disproved it would not be a lie, it would be your belief / theory.

Take religion as an example, Millions of people follow religion because it's what they have chosen to believe, even when said religion lacks physical evidence to support it, would you in that situation, call the people following these religions liars?

d21lewis said:
Everything I tell you is a lie. I swear.

I believe you.

The last one is pretty clear. It's very easy to assume that coming from what happened at E3 but it can still be wrong.
The first 2 are .....lol.

I can see 3DS successor shown next year and released in 2 years, that's about it.