By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who won the E3? THE VGCHARTZ-VOTE Thread - You decide!

Who won the E3 ? @ All VGChartz User

The PlayStation 4 (Sony) 1,279 68.03%

The Xbox1 (MS) 279 14.84%

nintendo digital event 105 5.59%

see results 217 11.54%

Total:1,880

Mod edit: alt deleted

Around the Network
Roronaa_chan said:
BreedinBull said:
Roronaa_chan said:
MS won.

E3 isn't about what's upcoming. It's about what already came.

Sony should've saved the Suikoden PS1 classics announcement for E3 instead of PSX, better megaton than what they had this week.

I don't even know where to...did you...I'm sorry, what?

Lol, I need you to understand how close I was to adding you to my sig because damn that was truly worthy of being placed next to globally in the US.

I was going to use this right here for that comment :D

Thanks jlmurph!

to me Sony has the better games. MS showcased a lot that we already knew about, but surprised us all with the backwards compatibility. Until I actually use the BC I will have to give the slight edge to Sony.

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Hopefully everyone learned their lessons,just because one company doesn't hype out their show doesn't mean that they will not have any surprises. Remember how everyone thought that ms was going all out this e3 and would win? Lol

Highlight of E3 was the PS4 media player...well I don't know if it was mentioned as I couldn't stay up for the sony show but its out and works pretty well

Around the Network

Could people please among the whole FFVII, TLG and Shenmue 3 talk not forget that Sony also happened to show the (largely agreed upon) best looking new IP of this years E3? A new IP that I'd argue is a strong contender for game of the show at E3 as a whole?

Jumpinbeans said:
Highlight of E3 was the PS4 media player...well I don't know if it was mentioned as I couldn't stay up for the sony show but its out and works pretty well

Kinda weird they didn't make that a bigger deal. I guess they were really trying to keep it games only wish a dash of Spotify and Vue. But yes it works incredibly well. My PS3 is slowing starting to be fully replaced. I stil have a large backlog to get through though.

Thanks jlmurph!

Hynad said:

I thought the MS show was really good. The Rare Collection is really sweet and brought a lot of great memories back, making me wish I already had a XBO right now. Tomb Raider looked much better than I expected it would. That's near CGI quality graphics there, and it looked about as good as any Sony first party games. And the new IP from Rare looked equally intriguing and I loved the style of it. But other than that, I felt the conference played it rather safe, with games we already knew about (same thing that happened for you with The Last Guardian, I assume). While Halo 5's single player looks incredibly good, we all know it's coming already. Forza 6? Meh for me. It looks fine but I'm a GT guy. New controller is awesome though. I still prefer controllers with symetrical analog sticks, but there's no denying the epic sheer amount of customization options. Other console and peripheral makers should take a cue from MS on that one. Hololens simply isn't my thing. It's nice, but I simply don't see much appeal from a pure gaming perspective. But I suspect trying it out would change my mind about it. Just like VR. Am I forgetting anything?

I'm not trying to downplay anything here. As far as I'm concerned, only Nintendo under-delivered (big time), all the other conferences I watched were really exciting (except for the very long sports segment from EA...). But as I said, Final Fantasy VII and Shenmue 3 have been at the top of my wishlist for over a decade, so having them announced at a conference makes that conference win by default. It's as simple as that for me. 

It's not a matter of console war. It's a matter of what games I want more. Be them third, second, or first party. Sony brought all this on their stage, and in the end, I was left with a better impression about gaming's future by watching their conference than any of the other. And to me, this is what E3 is all about.

In a nutshell: If Microsoft had been the one to have Final Fantasy VII R's allegedly timed console exclusive announced at their conference, and be the one to help fund Shenmue 3 for the XBO, they would have won for me this year.

THIS RIGHT HERE!!! That's exactly how I felt about the conferences.  Even the last statement.  Sony still won for me though.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Edit -

On second thoughts, Ill leave this one open as the OP isnt banned.

sales2099 said:
Madword said:
sales2099 said:
Hynad said:

Lists don't do anything. They lack context because not every point is the same as another. This ain't communism pal ;)

Seems Sony's list is being simplified to FF7, TLG, and Shenmue 3.

I am saying that FF7 is coming to Xbox One eventually, saying a near cancelled game, is in fact, not cancelled, shouldn't count as a big announcement. And Shenmue 3 is great and all, but you have to wait 3 years to play it.....kinda premature IMO.

Thats my point, while MS did an all around job of remakes, old games, BC, heavy hitter IPs, new Ip,s indies, while not neglecting 2015.

We ain't getting any younger ;)

The thing your missing is that E3 is 100% emotional. E3 is all about the future over a console and getting people excited for what's ahead. That's why announcements for things like FF7 or TR matter. In fact, the announcement matters more than the timed exclusivity itself when talking about E3. Take the Fallout 4 mod announcement for example, the PC mods are coming to PS4. So it's really no big deal that they're coming to Xbox One, but because the announcement was made on the Xbox stage, it made their show better. It would have been better still had it actually been exclusive, but it still helps.

TLG is a game that most thought was never going to happen. The reason them showing a gameplay trailer was so huge, was because we know now it still is infact going to happen, and we know it's coming next year.

Shenmue 3 is huge also because nobody thought it was going to happen, and it's a game a lot of diehard fans wanted. It doesn't matter that it's likely a late 2017 game, it went from not going to happen, to going to happen, on the Sony E3 stage.

Simply showing more footage of things everybody already knows about doesn't do much to rile up the fanbase and therefore, doesn't make for a very good show.

Also, Sony has plenty of games for this holiday. How is 2016 looking for MS?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.