Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reality Check: B/C Isn't A Big Deal

Your Thoughts On B/C

You're Wrong, Game Changer! 94 23.50%

You're Right, Not That Big A Deal 186 46.50%

In Between, It'll Cause ... 120 30.00%

Total:400
DerNebel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Nailed it. I guess there must be loads of threads about how BC is going to make the Xbone sell 200 million units or something. Or more likely at most maybe one person said something that got the OP upset and we got this "reality check". Because i sure havent seen all these people saying its going to win the whole gen for MS or something.

If you haven't seen people treat this as a gamechanger then you really haven't looked very hard (hint: there's more to the internet than vgchartz).

Hint: we're on VGChartz. 

I wouldnt make a soapbox thread here to preach about how wrong something i read on 4chan is. 

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
DerNebel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Nailed it. I guess there must be loads of threads about how BC is going to make the Xbone sell 200 million units or something. Or more likely at most maybe one person said something that got the OP upset and we got this "reality check". Because i sure havent seen all these people saying its going to win the whole gen for MS or something.

If you haven't seen people treat this as a gamechanger then you really haven't looked very hard (hint: there's more to the internet than vgchartz).

Hint: we're on VGChartz. 

I wouldnt make a soapbox thread here to preach about how wrong something i read on 4chan is. 

But if it's something you read everywhere, then you may very well make a thread. Everywhere I go MS's E3 conference is basically being reduced to that one announcement, it's ridiculous.

Not surprising considering it was the #1 requested feature. However, buzz about BC is still a far cry from everyone proclaiming it to be some spark that will ignite an Xbone sales inferno, as the OP suggests lots of people have been suggesting. Because otherwise, why the need for a thread?

And if he has seen it a lot somewhere else, it would probably be better served on that website. Otherwise it just seems like bitter parade poo pooing.

And I frequent GAF, IGN, reddit, and some smaller gaming communities and I've barely seen a soul proclaiming what the OP is trying to dissuade.

fo me it would bring me to the new console earlier.

I love my ps3 and i still have lots of games to play.

I would defnitely have bought a PS4 if it had BC, and sold my PS3.

For now, im plaining get a PS4 only in some years(waiting for the releasing of the last guardian, FF, KH3)

d21lewis said:
walsufnir said:

Hey Protendo, just wondering how you could experience screen tearing when it was confirmed that all bc games have vsync and therefore no tearing exists at all?

The article is here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-vs-backwards-compatibility-on-xbox-one

So how did you even manage to experience tearing when it is confirmed there is no tearing at all?

And did you become friends with d21lewis on Xbox One?

No. Why doesn't he like me?  :(

I am wondering (although, no - not really ) why he decided to not post in the thread anymore. Perhaps he knows that he was talking out of the back of his body... But I am wondering why he said he experienced tearing. Like why he way saying something bad about bc when it is clear that what he said is evidently false.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
d21lewis said:

No. Why doesn't he like me?  :(

I am wondering (although, no - not really ) why he decided to not post in the thread anymore. Perhaps he knows that he was talking out of the back of his body... But I am wondering why he said he experienced tearing. Like why he way saying something bad about bc when it is clear that what he said is evidently false.

You all ran the guy out 😂 

TheSting said:
walsufnir said:

It's his fault. People can't expect to state what they want and nobody will check if they are right. At least one could admit that, no matter what the reason was for this strange behavior, it was a bad decision to do so. But staying silent this case will always be remembered from now on (at least for me) that the user is not to be believed, whatever it might be, and that discussions are most probably useless.

TheSting said:

I'm here.  It happends during the big frame drops.  The same time the frame stutter happens, which is well documented by now. Just because it's not as consistant as before (like the framerate) doesn't mean it's not there.

PS: Obviously I stopped responding to a certain individual. No need to hit my head in a wall.