By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reality Check: B/C Isn't A Big Deal

Your Thoughts On B/C

You're Wrong, Game Changer! 94 23.50%

You're Right, Not That Big A Deal 186 46.50%

In Between, It'll Cause ... 120 30.00%

Total:400

In the long run I don't think it's that big a deal but I'd have a PS4 right now if it was backward compatible. Instead, when my PS3 died on me last year, I bought another PS3 because I had games to finish on it.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
In the long run I don't think it's that big a deal but I'd have a PS4 right now if it was backward compatible. Instead, when my PS3 died on me last year, I bought another PS3 because I had games to finish on it.

Yeah, I actually bought a second PS3 on black Friday after the PS4 launched.  I had quite a few PS3 games to play.  I got a PS4 in January 2014 but, if it would have had BC, I could have saved $200 and gotten it earlier.  People can only speak for themselves and what they want but they need to understand that other people have different needs. 

That's up to personal preference. It was big enough for me to buy a launch PS3...so, I'm sure there are others who agree.

The fact that B/C is overshadowing Halo 5 post E3 is a problem.

I find hilarious that a lot of people is celebrating something that had to be in the console since the beginning. It's a smart move from MS, I can give them that. I didn't remember Internet going crazy when WiiU released with BC since the beginning. It was barely mentioned. Now it seems like MS invented the wheel!

Around the Network

I couldn't care less for it. I don't really go back to older games, unless they're golden. I'm more looking forward to new stuff on current gen. At the start of this gen it would have been a slightly bigger deal for me, but definitely not now.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

BC is a solid feature that separate the X1 from its main competitor the PS4. Game changer no but it can be an important feature for 360 owners looking to transition to the X1. For people who love to play games, its a great feature. I care not if a game is old or new, if its a good game and I have not played it then its up for grabs. There are plenty of Arcade games I have enjoyed and still do that are not on the X1 that I hope to come over.

IMHO, BC just add to X1 and make it more of a complete gaming system which no matter how you look at it is a good thing.

The majority of the 84+ million Xbox 360 owners still haven't upgraded, considering there are only 41 million current gen console. Personally, I do not have a current gen but this Backwards compability (among other things) have persuaded me to get an Xbox One because of my big 360 collection. In my opinion, it's way too early to just discredit it as ''no big deal''. We'll have to wait and see.

walsufnir said:
thismeintiel said:
walsufnir said:

Be assured that if Sony had announced this and not MS, exactly this thread wouldn't even exist.

You guys need to stop with this strawman argument.  If Sony had announced this, MS fans wouldn't still be raving about it like it was a HUGE announcement.  I mean if the prospect of being able to run 10% of 360s library is this awesome, then the PS3's 90% must have blown your mind.

And for those who don'tget it, or are willingly not getting it, this has nothing to do with downplaying B/C. It'll be a great feature when/if they can get it working for most games.  This is just a reality check for those who thought this was some huge announcement and may change the XBO's situation.   Do we really need to bust out the chalkboard, again.

Hmm? Yes, because all MS fans are equal, right? And how do you know about the 10% and what about that 90%? And chalkboard? What? This sounds so insecure from your side...

I don't even know why you felt the need to make a thread. If there were dozens of hype threads for BC I would understand but in this case? In my opinion you are exaggerating way too much and this is also enriched with your competitive way of thinking, which screams console wars, competitional thinking, chalkboards... But yeah, let's destroy the hope for every MS fan out there. May they learn for now and ever, they messed with the wrong company. Xbox One is doomed, Sony will win. We should make a daily thread about it and use it in every thread imaginable.

*smh* "reality check"

Nailed it. I guess there must be loads of threads about how BC is going to make the Xbone sell 200 million units or something. Or more likely at most maybe one person said something that got the OP upset and we got this "reality check". Because i sure havent seen all these people saying its going to win the whole gen for MS or something.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Nailed it. I guess there must be loads of threads about how BC is going to make the Xbone sell 200 million units or something. Or more likely at most maybe one person said something that got the OP upset and we got this "reality check". Because i sure havent seen all these people saying its going to win the whole gen for MS or something.

If you haven't seen people treat this as a gamechanger then you really haven't looked very hard (hint: there's more to the internet than vgchartz).